Wanted - 16v HP Pump

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
soupapes

Wanted - 16v HP Pump

Post by soupapes »

I am looking for a good 16v HP Pump.

If anyone got one for sale please tell me. Thanks.
BX GTi 16v
BX TZD Turbo
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Aint got any pumps.
However, I'm guessing you have a Phase 1?
Listing the RP number may help your cause, since the pumps changed at RP 4224.

They were available from GSF on an exchange basis
Part numbers N43416 for valvers upto and including RP4223
N43414 for RP4224 to end of production.

I think they were about £160 plus the Vodka and Tonic.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
soupapes

Post by soupapes »

Hi!

Thats expensive value for my student budget, so i will need to get a cheaper option.

My car is ph1 and the pump is this:
BX GTi 16v
BX TZD Turbo
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

im sure these pumps are the same as the diesel ones, one has the main metal pipe almost straight at pump end the other has a right angel bend
regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

The diesel pump is completely different. sorry.

The output is in a different place, and the mounting system is completely different. I believe it also has a different diameter pulley due to the 16v revving to 8k and the diesel only to 5k

What's actually wrong with your current pump?
this might be a signature
soupapes

Post by soupapes »

The pump of my TD seems very simillar to this one. The problem is with the metal pipe that connects in a competely different angle.

The problem of my car is that the Suspension Stop light it lights me several times when the car is moving, and sometimes when i put the engine working the car doesnt rise up, so i need to stop the engine and fire it up again so that way it will rise.

The wheel is also a little bit heavy and is tendency to block while the car is moving.
BX GTi 16v
BX TZD Turbo
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Yep, sounds like the pump is creamed.
Lumpy steering is usually the first sign of a dying pump on valvers. They also start knocking quite alarmingly.
Only a valver pump will fit a valver. NO other HP will.
I'll ask my mate down the road, they have afew valvers in stock at the mo.
If they are breaking one, I'll nab the pump.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Curious fault that - sounds just like what my TD did when I got it - eventually fitted a new pump and 3 months later it was doing exactly the same again. Steering worked perfectly with the new pump but not with the old one.

In my case I eventually found the the FDV had been assembled incorrectly - with the pressure relief valve the wrong side of its plunger - so the thing was trying to seal on its plunger rather than the ball bearing. Re-assembled and the light has behaved perfectly ever since. Mine was a black painted FDV without the nylon filter but with a steel cone with holes in it instead.. I did try re-building another but it was no better so I may have made a mistake on it.

I found that if I held the steering wheel against resistance the car would rise quicker and I could get the light to go out.

Incidentally I think the pulley size is such that the 16 valve pump actually runs faster than the diesel ones!
soupapes

Post by soupapes »

jeremy wrote:Curious fault that - sounds just like what my TD did when I got it - eventually fitted a new pump and 3 months later it was doing exactly the same again. Steering worked perfectly with the new pump but not with the old one.

In my case I eventually found the the FDV had been assembled incorrectly - with the pressure relief valve the wrong side of its plunger - so the thing was trying to seal on its plunger rather than the ball bearing. Re-assembled and the light has behaved perfectly ever since. Mine was a black painted FDV without the nylon filter but with a steel cone with holes in it instead.. I did try re-building another but it was no better so I may have made a mistake on it.

I found that if I held the steering wheel against resistance the car would rise quicker and I could get the light to go out.

Incidentally I think the pulley size is such that the 16 valve pump actually runs faster than the diesel ones!
I can check the FDV but i dont think thats the problem.

Yes the pulley of my 16v is small but it seems to be the same size of the pulley from my Turbo Diesel pump. The big difference between these pumps is in the metal pipe that connects in completely different angles.

I really need to get a new pump. The suspension works really bad and the stop light comes on a lot of time. Today i needed to stop the car 2 times because the light did not go off and i started to loose the breaks.
BX GTi 16v
BX TZD Turbo
soupapes

Post by soupapes »

docchevron1472 wrote:Yep, sounds like the pump is creamed.
Lumpy steering is usually the first sign of a dying pump on valvers. They also start knocking quite alarmingly.
Only a valver pump will fit a valver. NO other HP will.
I'll ask my mate down the road, they have afew valvers in stock at the mo.
If they are breaking one, I'll nab the pump.
Mine makes a lot of noise.

Thanks for the help. You yould make me a big favor with that. :wink:
BX GTi 16v
BX TZD Turbo
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Being a non tech kind of chap, i take it that you have checked the LHM (apologies if this is sucking eggs) level & that its correct? If it is, has the car ever had a proper lhm change? if not then perhaps a flush might sort out the problem? or am i talking total boxxocks???
soupapes

Post by soupapes »

MULLEY wrote:Being a non tech kind of chap, i take it that you have checked the LHM (apologies if this is sucking eggs) level & that its correct? If it is, has the car ever had a proper lhm change? if not then perhaps a flush might sort out the problem? or am i talking total boxxocks???
Yes, the level is ok, and i have cleaned the filters and the circuit with hydraflush and then replaced with new LHM.
BX GTi 16v
BX TZD Turbo
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Sounds like what the others have said then i'm afraid :cry:.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

soupapes wrote:The big difference between these pumps is in the metal pipe that connects in completely different angles.
You should also find that the mounting system is somewhat different. The Diesel one mounts much more like an alternator does, rather than the 16v one you pictured, which mounts on a flat-face mounting.

If you really wanted to, then you could always modify pipework and make up mounting plates to fit some other model of HP pump into your car, but the effort it would take would be somewhat disproportionate to the benefits it may or may not give.
this might be a signature
soupapes

Post by soupapes »

Thanks to all for the help.

In last option i can try to fit a different pump. Im going to wait a few more time to see if i can find one.

I really like my car and i dont want to stop it. That yould be pretty bad :?
BX GTi 16v
BX TZD Turbo