Wanted: some 16v headrests

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
djoptix
BXpert

Wanted: some 16v headrests

Post by djoptix »

Condition not important. Reason: having been hurled round Oulton Park in an uber 106 a couple of weeks ago, I realise I'm going to need some harnesses if I want to go fast. You can't just stick them over the shoulders of the normal seats, though (well, you can but it's rather dangerous), so I'm going to have a go at making up some custom retainers for the shoulders of the seat, and don't want to drill it to pieces if I don't have to... so I'm going to try and mount something on the headrest "stalk".

Anyone?
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Are 16V headrests different to the common or garden BX ones mate?
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

there is no difference billy, while the stalks of the head rests are metal, they are pushed into a couple of bits of crappy thin plastic. The chair back is also NOT structural. Don't affix belts to them if you expect to survive any sort of impact!

In the case of the racer, the best option is to bolt a cross brace accross the rear seatbelt pillars (top or sides of the stanchion) and bring longer straps forward off this, best way to ensure they are solid!

I know your trying to stop them slipping off the sides, but the forces involved are huge in am impact, and if they are teathered down to the floor at the rear seat, it will try to crush you and the seat.
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Vanny wrote:the best option is to bolt a cross brace accross the rear seatbelt pillars (top or sides of the stanchion)
Could you explain this further?
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...