BX Owners Club Meeting 2008

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
tim leech

BX Owners Club Meeting 2008

Post by tim leech »

Ive been thinking, which is rare for me, whats everyone thoughts to having a BX Club meeting of our own in the spring, its now January and the first CCC show worth mentioning is over 6 months away and as well know the bx is seen as a bit of a poor relation inbetween tractions/ds's etc, looking at the bxclub.com website they do have a few independent meetings a year with quite a good attendences.

There is is a trip to france but I know that wouldnt be everyones cup of tea as it wont be cheap.

Any thoughts where to hold it, is there another rally we could coinside this with? maybe have a BBQ and a fix it workshop event? show and shine :D awards for the best models and dog of the day etc?
nstarmore
BXpert

Post by nstarmore »

That sounds good to me and I'm up for that, although I don't have any ideas about where it could be, etc :oops:
Nic

- 1995 Xantia SX TD (daily hack)
- 1987 BX 16V (project)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Likewise, I think it's a good idea... But where?

What about a Spring club race meet somewhere, like Mallory Park or Silverstone?

What about the Shuttleworth Collection? ( http://www.shuttleworth.org ) - plenty to do there.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Both good suggestions Phil, is there anywhere we can think off that may have some other attractions non car related for the kids etc?
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Mallory Park would be a good venue, i'd be up for that. Or anywhere else as long as its not a billion miles away...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Sounds good depends on entry fees etc and if they have a picnic/recreation area.
Charlotte
BXpert

Post by Charlotte »

This has to be done! I still want to hold a BX tea party at the workshop when it gets warmer. I have plans for cakes with little chevrons on the top ^^ ^^ !!!!

Anyway, as long as it's not at hadrian's wall or somewhere very up north, we'd love to come!

I'm going to C42 at the end of the month, too, which is exciting - although no BX - they have given space to a particularly hideous ZX. =;
Bride of Stinkwheel
http://weaselsemark.carbonmade.com

Citroen BX St Tropez
Still not over H592 AGW "Hugo" TZD Turbo
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

To be fair to all somewhere central would probably be best, keep the suggestions coming! Billing Aquadrome isnt a bad venue and easy to get to from the M1, if the weathers good theres plenty to do, fairgoud, water park etc.
M

Post by M »

Philip chidlow wrote:Likewise, I think it's a good idea... But where?.
Can I suggest the car park accross the road from my house, the wife should at least let me go that far :evil:
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

There is plenty to do in blackpool but its a bit of a trek for our southern members. :lol:
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

I know its abit later in the year, but the BX club is welcome to join the G Rally on July 5/6th, Rural life centre,Tilford,Farnham,Surrey,
plenty to do and see,for all the family, Camping on site, :!: This could be the main BX meet?? :!: nothing to organise.....
:idea: Lets face it,All we realy want to do is check out each others ^^bx> s,have a good old natter over a cup of coffee!! SO, South Mimms servives :?:
chris
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

In terms of a central location, the theoretical center of populous of the UK is Milton Keynes. The CXM rally I went to late last year was at a fairly pleasant location just outside MK, and apparently the landowner there has several car meetings each year.

Might be a possibility. There was a cost involved though.
this might be a signature
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Wherever we go it will cost something but I guess as its no more than the usua £5 or so per car it should be feasbale, the G rally is only a week before the CCC national, I was thinking of something spring time ish?
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Get your thinking caps on....
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

DavidRutherford wrote:In terms of a central location, the theoretical center of populous of the UK is Milton Keynes. The CXM rally I went to late last year was at a fairly pleasant location just outside MK, and apparently the landowner there has several car meetings each year.

Might be a possibility. There was a cost involved though.
I think that sounds great. But then I drive an XM now :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!