BX 1990 19TZS for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
wannab-x
Confirmed BX'er

BX 1990 19TZS for sale

Post by wannab-x »

Good afternoon all.

Due to various factors, my (ex-Sleepy) 1990 19TZS auto is for sale. I'll mention the current problem first, and will then talk about the good stuff later.

The problem: the engine is blowing from under the bonnet. I haven't had anyone look at it, but it would seem to be the manifold or downpipe. The car starts & runs okay, but is pretty loud & feels like the performance is slightly affected (presumably due to reduced back-pressure?).

The good points:

MOT until June 08, last MOT she pretty much sailed through & I only had to replace the horn. Advisories: n/s/f flexi brake hose damp but no leaks found (think this was actually the LHM return pipe which had perished & has been replaced), n/s/r tyre perished.

Now that a starting problem has been resolved, the engine & gearbox work nicely & she's a lovely drive. I have a feeling that a little fettling wouldn't go amiss, as the engine hasn't run quite as sweetly since she was serviced, but otherwise if the blowing was sorted I wouldn't hesitate to take this car anywhere (and regularly have - in the course of my 10000 or so miles this year, I've been to Yorkshire several times, including 4 trips in a month in July/August which was about 1500 miles total, did about 1300 miles in two weeks to/around/from north Wales). I'm selling due to the exhaust issue, and a change of motoring direction that's been on the cards for the last year or so.

Taxed until end May.

Various new parts this year:

Genuine Citroen pads all round, approx 2k miles old.
New oil about 75 miles ago.
Serviced approx 2k miles ago - oil/air/fuelfilters, handbrake adjusted, cam belt, auto fluid change, LHM fluid change, new plugs.
Recent work to resolve starting problem (which was a faulty coil): check for water in oil, clean out breather pipes, inlet manifold, oil filler car, carb blown out & reassembled, check distributor & rotor arm, choke checked & adjusted, kick-down cable adjusted, new spark plug leads, valve clearances & timing checked, new coil.

Bodywork is in good nick - there are some scratches & dents but nothing through the paint, there is a scuff on the inside underside of the driver's door with surface rust but I can't think of any more elsewhere.

Recently fitted towbar with single electrics, working fine.

Comfortable red/black seats with no burns or tears - this isn't the original interior & I think it's from a sportier model, but is in good nick & comfortable. All black door cards to match, dashboard is grey but I don't find it an issue.

All electrics work (!) - electric windows all round, sunroof, mirrors, remote central locking off one of the fobs (other one needs new battery), all lights inside & out work fine.

CD player, which seems to be having a strop at the moment & won't load any of the CDs (6-changer under passenger seat).

All in all, it's a lovely car & I'm stupid to get rid of it, but I'm buying Mr Chidlow's TownAce tomorrow & I need the space, plus I've spent £1k on it in the last year & the exhaust blowing is the last straw for me - if I could work on cars myself it'd be fine, but I've got to slim down my fleet and sadly this car's drawn the short straw.

For more information, please look at: http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... highlight= - I bought the car off Sleepy this time last year - I was hoping the pics from that listing would load but it seems not. I'll get some of my own pics up as soon as I can.

As for price, I'm open to offers - with its current tax & MOT levels, recently serviced & with the cambelt done I'd probably be hoping for £400 or so, however with the exhaust blowing I'm not expecting to get that but I'm not sure what the car's worth as-is.

If the car doesn't sell on here, I'll be putting her on ebay. Or I might see if I can get the exhaust looked at & then put up again at a higher price.

I also have a Triumph Herald 1200 saloon that I'm looking to sell - it needs a couple of bits for the MOT but no chassis rust. If anyone's interested, please let me know.

Thanks for reading!!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Could be something as simple as the exhaust needing tightening, or a new front pipe, which are very cheap on these cars, I bought a genuine citroen one for £10 not long ago
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Could be something as simple as the exhaust needing tightening, or a new front pipe, which are very cheap on these cars, I bought a genuine citroen one for £10 not long ago
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I see Tim's computer has the same virus as mine again :lol:

Wanna-bx I remember the car when Sleepy had it and it was a very nice car too. Good luck with the sale, doesn't sound like too much trouble to sort out and will be a nice car for someone.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Wanna-bx I remember the car when Sleepy had it and it was a very nice car too. Good luck with the sale, doesn't sound like too much trouble to sort out and will be a nice car for someone.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vauxhall apologist.
wannab-x
Confirmed BX'er

Post by wannab-x »

Thanks. Other than the exhaust blow she's a good car with decent power.

Unlike my new bus, which requires a hefty downward hill to accelerate quickly - presumably that's a comfort thing... :roll:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

You want to try a VW surf bus - I went in a 1972 example that was 'sluggish', so much so, any salt on the road made it foam and die. :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
wannab-x
Confirmed BX'er

Post by wannab-x »

Okay, if there's no interest she'll be going on ebay next week. I'll put up the listing info once it's done, in case anyone's interested.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Seems a shame to get rid, if its something simple that could be fixed, arent their any club members able to help out or at least offer a diagnosis & therefore a costing to get it fixed???
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Would be a shame, 19 Petrol autos dont do very well on ebay, thats where I bought it from originally then passed her on to sleepy.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

:cry: Oh my god someone please rescue her that is such an easy repair if she goes on the bay she will go for pennys and will probably be lost forever like my old TGD sold that to a member never hear anything from that guy and never see him on and she was an absolute beauty fully sorted this TZS has had a lot of time spent on her and the sunroof was spot on as it was sealed up with silicone I completely stripped and rebuilt all the sunroof gear including replacement cables the engine is as solid as an ox and would pull all day the autobox is sweat too as when i had her it had all its internal filter meshes cleaned and new oil please please someone save her good BX`s are really hard to find now.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

You could always have a bid on the bay of grot, & get your old car back even cheaper this time around :wink:
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Cannot afford a big car :cry: the little AX is fine for us now and it only costs us £20 in petrol every couple of weeks + cheap tax and very cheap insurance.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp