Ignition Barrel TRS

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Terry
BXpert

Ignition Barrel TRS

Post by Terry »

Hello all,

After a long, enforced absence, backside is back in gear - for a while at least.

Great to report, back in August GRX - ex-Mr Chidlow - flew through the MOT, with compliments on it's condition from the garage. Thanks Ken and Phillip!

Got just under 11,000 clocked since Phillip parted with her and still turning in 60 mpg, seemingly no matter what I do with it, motorways or lanes.

Then only the other week came the first fault. The ignition barrel has failed, and getting another from the local scappies hasn't worked. They can offer bits from a ZX but they all 6 wires and I need 7 for a TRS.

Can any one help? I'll happily pay a reasonable price (cash) and the carriage to Suffolk. I just need, and would love to have, the old girl back on the road (car not wife!!)

Any help or suggestions gratefully received

Terry
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

if a diesel ingnition is the same i can help but i am sure one of our boffins will tell us!
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

hello citroen7, and thanks for getting back.

It's about sixteen years since I had a petrol BX and I had barrel trouble with that. But just how many wires there are I can't remember.

I hope someone here knows the answer.

Terry
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

As far as I know, there is only one difference across the entire range of BX ignition barrels.

The cars with ABS have an extra wire spliced in at one of the two plugs. All others are the same. As far as I know.

So yours being a non ABS car, any barrel should be OK. :)
They think it's all over, it is now!
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

There's a couple on the bay of scum, one new other 2nd hand, might be suitable??
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

By the way Terry, I think you'll find it's actually a TXD not TRS :wink:
They think it's all over, it is now!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Welcome back Terry!
All well??

If you're not bothered about second hand then I'll gladly post you one out with a matching key!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Hello Doc,

And thanks for the welcome.

Been a tough time, although I've kept an eye on the forum almost every night before going to bed.

I shall get back to searching for a suitable off-shore host for the forum we discussed back last year. Expect that fairly soon.

GRX has been a real star, and seems to attract attention when I go to customers. "I remember them on the road, don't I?" and, "Oh, I thought you'd have a new van or something?" "Madam, someone has to pay for a new van, that's why the other PC techs around here charge £80 an hour on site." Good selling point.

Got the back of GRX completely covered, so I take a couple of my dogs around for company. Other than that it just needs a good clean inside and out.

Second hand? I don't care if it's fifty-fifth hand. Just so long as it works. Just let me know what I owe you and I'll conceal cash in a letter. Only too grateful for the help. If that's OK, let me know and I'll PM my home address.

Gotta go out again, Doc, self employed is not all it's cracked up to be, but I guess being a bus driver isn't what I dreamed of as a kid either. World's a different place.

Take care mate

Terry
Terry
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

The worlds gone to hell mate.
Good job there's a few decent people left!

No worries mate, PM got and replied to, expect a package in the post early next week! I've even found a key to go with it!
Oh, and I'll throw the rest of the locks in too, then if you ever get bored you can change the lot and have one key for everything!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...