Cheap: BX TZD estate with 1.9TD conversion. £125.00

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Cheap: BX TZD estate with 1.9TD conversion. £125.00

Post by cavmad »

'K' reg Citroen BX TZD estate with 1.9TD conversion. Engine was supposedly a brand new Pug unit in 2000.
Taxed until end of Feb, MOT expired. Worth a lot more than my asking price in a handful of parts and weigh in alone.
When last on the road it was criminally quick, the ultimate q car. Mental amounts of torque and pulled like a train from 30 all the way to 115mph plus in top on a test track. Built in pimped up suspension, Citroen quirkiness, the most comfortable ride you'll ever experience and a boot space that would swallow a couple of housing estates.
Right that's the nice bit, here's the (long) list of nasty bits: needs an HP pump. Car will start and run but as the pump/LHM does the steering, brakes and suspension you won't be driving this one home. Needs at least centre and rear exhaust (fell off I believe!), heater tap broken (common fault), air lock in the fuel plus a fair few other bits too. Make no mistake about it this is one car you won't be getting back on the road for 7 minutes work and 57p or something.
V5 needs applying for: A receipt (stating purchase price refunded in full if found to be stolen or not legally mine to sell) will be issued with the car and you can collect from my house, no funny business here.
Will need a trailer or recovery truck to take it away due to HP pump and no MOT. Will deliver within about 25 miles for a reasonable charge but it own't be leaving here until paid for.
I was going to track day it but it'll never happen and whilst I believe it's too good to scrap it most certainly will be VERY shortly unless someone takes it.

£125 though would swap for something less space consuming (try me, game for most kind of automotive stuff!).

Car is near Chester and VERY close to M53, M56 and A55. Picture, excuse the cr4pness, and will be coming on steel wheels with good tyres, not the ones in the picture. Oh, Brucie bonus: £20-£25 of diesel still in it. Which I'll be nabbing if it gets crushed.

It REALLY has to go very quickly, and as the pice is in fact less than scrap value I hope it can be saved.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sold.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Excellent! :D
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Indeed, and it's gone to a VERY good home.
Vauxhall apologist.
artic-steel
BXpert

Post by artic-steel »

Thank you Sir Cav, for the kind words & the car
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

A pleasure. Forgot to ask (and it's because I'm nosey and love these kind of things!) is that your Mk1 Transit camper van?
Vauxhall apologist.
artic-steel
BXpert

Post by artic-steel »

is that your Mk1 Transit camper van?
No, it just turned up awhile back, it did have tax & test when it came, not sure now though.