Hello Everyone...

Anything about BXs
Matt H
1K Away

Hello Everyone...

Post by Matt H »

Hi everybody,

I'd like to introduce my self to the club.

My name is Matthew, and I've been into BXs for as long as I can remember. In December last year when I passed my driving test, I finally got a chance to have my very own BX.

Sorry about the bad picture, but I haven’t really had chance to take any nice photos yet…

Insurance prices being what they are has prevented me from having any of the larger engined, or diesel BXs, but for the time being, I am happy running around in this, a 90,000 mile, 1990 BX 14TGE... Until I can afford a 16 Valve that is :wink:

It's reasonably straight, with only a few small cosmetic issues, such as a wonky front bumper, and the usual rippled front door, but the car is mechanically sound. It has been really well maintained over its lifetime, so hopefully it shouldn't throw up too many problems in the next couple of years...

Two months on, and I couldn't be happier with the car... The only problem being a slightly noisy exhaust, but this should be getting changed in the next week or so.

The car quite original, but it is now fitted with a very good condition Le Mans 16 Valve interior, as the old TGE spec one was a bit worn out. I have also changed the badges on the back to the late TXD type ones and fitted rear headrests.

It's finally nice to get on the forum... I should have joined sooner, but I just never got round to it.

Regards,
Matt H
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Hello Matt and welcome to the club, congratulations on a nice BX there, wheer are you in the east midlands as theres a few of us around these parts. 8)
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Hi Tim,

I live in Kettering, Northamptonshire...
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Hello mate welcome along!

A 1360 is not a bad engine, and a good place to start.
Make sure you stay claim free for a few years so you can get yourself a style icon (P2 16V) ASAP!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

I really like it... It is surprisingly nippy for a 1.4, although I was thinking of AX GT carbs and Manifold... I have been told that they fit straight on.

Can't wait to get a Black P2 16v though :)

Thanks,
Matt
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Yep AX GT inlet mainifold is a straight swop.
You can actually tune a TU ALOT.
But a twin choke carby will add that "grin factor".

You clearly have exceptional taste mate, Black P2's are indeed the choice of champions!
Said entirely without bias of course....

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

I'm glad to hear that... I will start seriously looking into doing this.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Grey ones arent half bad are they Phil! :wink:
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Welcome Matt,

I'm pretty sure the Peugeot 205 XS has the same twin choke carb as the AX GT - there may be a few more of those in scrapyards. My wife had an XS a few years back and that was quite nippy, would imagine a 1.4 BX doesn't actually weigh all that much more!
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

The XS does indeed have a twin choke, but I *think* they are jetted a little differently to the AX??

Tim grey is ok, but black is best!
After all the old saying goes "once you've had a bit of black, you dont go back"!

You CANNOt tell me that is not sex on rubber!
Well, you could tell me it isn't, but you'd be as wrong as a wrong thing on wrong day!

Oh, and here's my mates 205XS aswell, being followed by a style icon!

Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

To be honest, I think it will be pretty hard to find either an AX GT or 205 XS in the scrap yard these days...

Black Phase 2 16Vs rule!

How can it get any better than that?

Regards,
Matt
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Afternoon Matt and welcome along mate. 14TGE is a perfectly fine way to start your life long BX ownership!
Vauxhall apologist.
SamWise
BXpert

Post by SamWise »

I would suggest going here:

http://www.axoc.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

for your carb. It's a little full of Barryboys, but they're actually pretty helpful in the offered and wanted sections. I'm with you on the black, btw......
1966 Triumph Herald convertible with big valve twin carb Spitfire head

1973 Bedford Panorama Elite II Bus

1994 2.1TD Citroen XM

1992 Citroen AX Echo 1.4D
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Welcome mate. I'm guessing you're probably one of the younger members here? (like me! :lol: )

I had a 14 for my first car, and carried out said mods that you're talking about. I may even have a spare carb and intake sat around in my parent's garage (I've had alot of AX GT's)....I'll find out for you. I'd advise to change the cam too, the AX one is more aggresive. Not too hard a job either luckily. Everything on those little TU engines is nice and easy!

I also wanted a black ph2 valver aswell, or white. But ended up with red! :? Still it looks nice when it's polished :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Thanks for all the advice, I will keep an eye out on that AX site...

...But if you do have the carb and intake Kitch, I would be very interested thanks.

There is nothing wrong with a red BX, as long as it hasn't faded too badly :)

Oh, I'm 17 by the way... :wink: