WANTED - N/A Diesel Engine

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mat_fenwick

WANTED - N/A Diesel Engine

Post by mat_fenwick »

Has anyone got a spare diesel engine knocking around that they would like to get rid of in exhange for beer tokens? My neighbour has a ZX which by the sounds of it has a seized engine, he is very strapped for cash so can't afford for a garage to look at it, and I haven't the time to rebuild it.
Either capacity will do, just as long as it's in reasonable condition ready for me to drop it in.....if you are within a few hours drive of North Wales for us to collect then even better!
I did wonder about letting him have my TD engine after I've done the 1.9TD swap, but reckon that changing the cam, radiator, exhaust and mounting an intercooler would take up too much time and money!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Yes, as it happens, I do.

Depending on how long you're prepared to hang on, I can either do you a 1.9D square-port engine from a 309, a high-ish miles 1.9D oval port from a BX, or a lower-miles 1.9D oval port from a ZX, in perfect condition (which would of course be a drop-in replacement).

I also know of someone else on another forum with a ZX 1.9D which he will be getting rid of very soon. It's bodily knackered, but mechanically sound. The person who was due to be having it is buggering him about somewhat, so that may be available very soon too.

How soon do you need one?

I am a fair distance from you, but could deliver.
this might be a signature
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

David,

PM sent.