GSA ESTATE, in need of saving!!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

GSA ESTATE, in need of saving!!

Post by ren16tx »

A GSA has come up in need of saving!
its an "X" reg GSA special Estate, in Graphite grey,blue interior, 40,000 miles from new,1 (deceased) owner,
the car has been standing for some years,and does need much work to put back on the road, but its worth doing,its not too far gone to save, i've seen alot worse on the road!
if the car is not sold, it will be scrapped, which would be a great shame of what is now a very rare car, the G is located near Tunbridge Wells,in kent,
pm me for more details, but don't wait too long.......... :idea:
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Not too far from me. I don't want a project car (although GSA estates are great!) but I'd be happy to go look it over and take some pictures if anyone wants me to...
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Photos of this are needed please! Having driven Mindy's GSA estate, I do like it a lot and would find it more useful than the BX...

Even if not, then it has to be worth restoring and selling.
this might be a signature
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

CHRIS!

Send me the contact details and I'll get over there and take some photies.

I'm away next weekend so it may have to be an evening and therefore dark ones.

Also any G owners, let me know if I should be concentrating on any particular areas. I know where mine rusted: everywhere.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

stuart_hedges wrote:
any G owners, let me know if I should be concentrating on any particular areas. I know where mine rusted: everywhere.
Bizarrely, for all there are the 'known' trouble spots, such as sills, floors, rear subframe, doors, undertray etc. G's seem to take a particularly creative approach to rusting, and some cars rot massively in one or two random areas; as an example my GS Estate was severely rotten in the panel behind the hinge box for the drivers door, repair necessitating the removal of the said box, and much creativity. The other side? Perfect...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

i looked it over last night,in the dark with a torch!
there is the usual rust in the door bottoms,especialy passenger front,rust in the front sills, but the floors seemed ok,door pillars ect look ok,windsreen suround ok,even the tailgate seemed ok,as are the rear wings,tyres are still up,
the paintwork seems to have suffered,but was difficult to see in the dark,
He would like it gone in the next couple of weeks,as is open to offers on it (i'd hope he'd say just take it, as he wants it to go to enthusiasts for repair/spares!)
Realy the car just needs to be moved to safe keeping,then decide what to do with it! thus the problem! can anyone transport the car and store it???
i think with a good battery,some petrol it would proberly start,
he also has a peugeot 309 gti that he may be willing to sell on!!!
chris
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

ren16tx wrote:He would like it gone in the next couple of weeks,as is open to offers on it (i'd hope he'd say just take it, as he wants it to go to enthusiasts for repair/spares!)
Given the cost involved with trailering it to a safe place, it really needs to be either free or very cheap. Granted it would make £80 or so in scrap weigh in (if you could take it there) or maybe possibly £30 or £40 if a scrappie was to come and collect it, but there's no way it's worth more than that.
this might be a signature