GSF Liverpool

Anything about BXs
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

GSF Liverpool

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Has anyone else found them to be a complete shower of idiots?

They seem to employ a system where you first speak to a minion who has no mechanical knowledge whatsoever, who then promises to pass your enquiry on to a part man who will ring you back. He then does, much later, but hasn't understood the message from Idiot A, which necessitates telling him what it is you require. He cannot deal with your enquiry on the phone however, and promises to ring back. I'm still waiting...

I wouldn't care, but I even rang armed with the sodding GSF partnumber :evil:
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I found Caledonia Citroen in Chester to be just the same. They've closed down now which isn't really a great surprise. Have you tried Europarts instead?
Vauxhall apologist.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

I have used Eurocarparts before, and found them to be slightly better in terms of reliability, but they don't have a Liverpool branch sadly, and no BX club discount either :wink:

Just got to grin and bear it I suppose. Never had this trouble with M and C Lockwoods...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

Having no branch of GSF locally I always use GSF on-line. Never a problem and so far, never failed on next day delivery either.

On the few occasions there has been a query, they've called me and quickly resolved it.

The staff on the Heathrow mail order/on-line seem to be well on the ball.
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

GSF Liverpool are originally a air cooled VW dealer so most of there staff are ancient and steeped in VW knowledge and have no interest in french cars, excellent if you want a VW part, no so good if you want something for the BX. HOWEVER, make a visit (i know Walton is a pain in the arse to get to for me) and one of the guys in there DOES know his French car parts. Typically though they don't stock anything at the liverpool store and get everything shipped over from Manchester!

Billy, i suspect the problem at Caledonia was the idiot making the order :P i never had any problems and thats the reason i would make a 60 mile round trip to get parts from there rather than a 5 mile round trip to Arnold Clark Citroen Liverpool who where shocking at best (they would regulalry tell me they couldn't supply ANY parts for the BX!!)
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Cheers guys, well eventually the correct guy did ring back, and dealt with my order satisfactorily, so I guess getting the right man is half the battle...

I only just realised that GSF online has free delivery, so provided I can utilise the discount I think that is how I shall be operating in future... What courier do they use? Some don't permit you to collect things from their depot if you weren't in, which I find fairly irritating ;-)

Vanny, where are you based in Liverpool anyway? I'm on the city edge of Toxteth.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

i'm very close then, i'm off smithdown road, ullet road area! And have many spares stored in netherley should you ever need anything in a hurry!
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Bloody hell; I'm currently at work just around the corner on Lodge Lane!

Give me a shout if you ever need a hand with the spannering...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vanny, it was the young lad who didn't seem to realise that Citroen actually made cars before 2002 that did my box in mate.
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

i know the on seemed to have an aire about him that made you think he worked in Maccies an not a car dealership