This weeks eBay BX roundup (14/8/08)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
M

This weeks eBay BX roundup (14/8/08)

Post by M »

Some mayhave been posted before, some not - but as of today this is whats out there folks...

Pricy, but nice looking French Diesel

Red 1900 GiT

Diesel InEstate

Welsh GTi

Kent Based Valver MI6 Engine fit for a 205

1400 Petrol Berks
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

I reeeeeeallly want that white 16v.
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

The 16v: You never know what it's like, but on the surface it seems a good one. The list of replacement parts is well impressive.

£103 with 8 days to go. Worth a punt, Djoptix?

During my period of self-doubt and BX owning panic today :lol: , it was partly this that helped me decide to sell now - for anything like 'market value' - would be a non-starter. A broken filler neck: is that a fiddly /expensive job? Does it point to serious inner rear wing corrosion?

And the gearbox sounds like it might need some time and money spending. But it does look good in white doesn't it. 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
M

Post by M »

jonkw wrote:The 16v is certainly not "fit for a 205GTi" :evil: .
Call me a cynical old basket - but whenever I see the Mi6 I instantly think its been put there to entice Pug 205 owners.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Marty wrote:[whenever I see the Mi6 I instantly think its been put there to entice Pug 205 owners.
I'm inclined to agree, but I hope that it's there to attract people who were searching for a 405 Mi16 as a 'classic' and entice them ino the Citroen world...
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Ahhh, it's THAT valver again..
I nearly got run over by that very car being driven by a woman a couple of years ago!

It sounded mighty healthy, and yes it looks the bollocks.
Filler neck corrosion failure is well known and easy enough to fix, not expensive either.

As for the gearbox, fresh BV would probably help things for the interim, but even if it needs a et of synchro's, they are still available, and BE3 boxes are easy as hell to rebuild.
Alas I think it's destined for a pug conversion aswell, the MI16 addage is always bad news, which is a great shame, for that looks like a really good example.
If I had the space I'd have a punt, but I'm trying to reduce the fleet, not increase it..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...