Silver 16v, as previousley spotted on the bay of plenty

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Silver 16v, as previousley spotted on the bay of plenty

Post by docchevron »

silver 16v

Yes, I thought it was familiar!
The owner Nick didn't sell it on the bay as the highest bidder was a pugger and he didn't want it to go to a pugger.
So, as per listed on the CCC website his ad reads thus:
Nick wrote:I am reluctantly getting rid of my H reg BX GTI 16 valve as I can no longer afford to run 3 cars on my pension. I have done a lot of work to the car in the last year or so to make it a quick and reliable motor. The silver body has some dings and scratches but is straight and corrosion free. The car was previously owned by a CCC member and is known by the BX correspondents in Citroenian. I have advertised it on ebay but the highest bidder only wanted the engine and I couldn't bring myself to sell a good car that was going to end up on the scrap heap! If there is anyone out there who would consider giving it a good home for a reasonable price, I'd be very grateful. I can supply pictures if you let me know your email address. The car is in Birmingham but currently Sorned. recent work done includes: Cambelt, tensioners, crankshaft oil seals, water pump, clutch plates and release bearing, engine mountings, thermostat, cooling fan switch,LHM filters and return pipes, starter motor, breather hoses now silicone ones. Engine sump and gasket, rose-jointed gear linkages, rear silencer, drop links. Fitted with tow bar and single electrics, sunroof wind deflector and headlamp protectors.

So a rapid, reliable motor looking for a good home with someone who will appreciate it.

Cheers
If anyones interested then PM me and I'll pass along your details.

The car has been discussed here
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...