BX 'Collection'

Anything about BXs
toddao
BXpat

BX 'Collection'

Post by toddao »

It's strange what turns up. How about this BX decor set - everything you need to turn your everyday vehicle into a limited edition 'Collection'
I though perhaps it was one of the special models, but no - never was a 'BX Collection' Collection of what anyway? Or indicating that it's part of a series of other styling add-ons?
Sort of came into my life and the only vehicle that it could possibly go on is the GTI - brown and silver speedstripes with the word 'Collection' written large :mrgreen: . Or maybe I'll just look at it .. think it would look good on a white BX perhaps? 8)

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Une voiture de collection is what we'd probably call a classic car - something rare or valuable that is interesting to a collector! It takes a brave marketing department to apply that phrase to something that's still in production...
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

That's a good theory there Stu. Even though it's 20 years later, no-one can decide whether it actually is 'Une Voiture de collection' or not. Of course to us devotees there's no question :wink:

I'm just trying to work out how old this set is. The picture shows a Mk.1 and the font of the word 'Collection' is reminiscent of the font for 'Sport' and the front end picture also looks like a Sport front spoiler. Approx 1985 ? - for those who wanted to do some mild Barrying to their 14's etc! :D ( I love all these BX styling accessories, maybe one day someone will stumble upon a warehouse of the stuff?? Such as the BX luggage set!)

Todd

BX19GTI1988
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BX19GTI1988 »

hi Todd !
i have pictures of a bx "collection " taken in germany ! it is a phase 2 red furio 14 TGE .
Sure these stickers were putted on bx by citroen dealers to sale their second hand bx(s) as limited editions ! In france we had the bx "série 2000" and the bx "selection " , all were second hand models !
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Bonjour Remy!

Thankyou for the reply. Any chance of posting the picture of the BX 'Collection '? That's extraordinary about the second hand BXs. BX archeologists at work! :D
I am considering making possibly the world's first BX GTI 16V 'Collection' ! Someone disuade/persuade me >>^

If you can get hold of some of those 'serie 2000' stickers that could look pretty futuristic seeing that 2000 was 8 years ago but still sounds as though it's in the future!
Todd

BX19GTI1988
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BX19GTI1988 »

here the pics of the red bx " collection " :
and pics of a bx "série 2000 " at the scrapyard today :
rémy
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

ALERT :!: Tailblazer :lol:
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Good pictures! I can't help but laugh at that name 'Collection!' - it doesn't suggest anything! Did you take the photo yourself - I notice that it's got a Freiburg number plate?
Which scrapyard is that Remy? In Colmar?

Mulley wrote
ALERT Tailblazer
What is that plastic red thing at the back of the car called in France? That Series 2000 looks as though it's been sat in a field waiting to meet its maker! :D
Todd

Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Door handle protectors too, again rare
simonbx17
BXpert

Post by simonbx17 »

come to mention it i have a set of them that i bought at last years national just waiting to fit them :)
Current.
00' Fraud Mondeo 2.0 ghia x......i know couldn't resist a bargain.
99' Peugeot 306 1.4 lx. nicely spec'd.
-----------------------------------------------------------
93' xm 2.1 turbo D saloon 203.000mls has been sold to "citroenxm".
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I actually met some real door handle protector obsessives last year at The National - they were very proud to have the only set on display! Let's look a bit more lively this year lads and fit all those protectors! :D
Todd

BX19GTI1988
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BX19GTI1988 »

I took the picture of the bx "série 2000 " in the scrapyard in mulhouse friday afternoon . Yes , the pictures of the bx " collection" are mines , taken from my photos album , scaned and putted there ! In France the tailblazer is called : plaque rouge réflectorisante .
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Remy wrote
In France the tailblazer is called : plaque rouge réflectorisante .
:D

Did you take it off that ' serie 2000?' They're not so common in Uk I think. Or did you get any interesting parts?
Is that the same scrapyard that I went to in Mulhouse or another? Good to see there's still BXs turning up!
What are the 'door handle protectors' called in France and were they common there? ( BX Archeology!)
Todd

BX19GTI1988
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BX19GTI1988 »

In france doors handles are called " coquilles de portes " . And they were an original equipment on the bx " série 2000 " as the tailblazer !
This bx is on the same same scrapyard were you have bought your parts . I have only taken lot of things on the XM phase 2 "exclusive" . :wink:
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Have you moved on to XMs then Remy? There's certainly enough of them in the scrapyards near you to keep you going. That Exclusive that you talk of - was that the one with the leather? That must have cost a few €€€s not more than ten years ago. And now.. what an ignoble end.
Having witnessed the engine out/ 20 odd hour palavar to change an XM clutch their demise is not so surprising really and that's before you start getting into the electrics.. one for the enthusiast :D
Todd