Swop BXtzd for BX petrol

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mtbxathena
Confirmed BX'er

Swop BXtzd for BX petrol

Post by mtbxathena »

Looking for a road worthy BX petrol saloon, for LPG conversion project. Would do straight swop for my 1991 tzd, tax sept 08 tested march 09. Prefer one that is tested and carb engine. Auto not objected to. Mick.
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Hi Mick,

What colour is your TZD please - and what mileage? Do you have any pictures available?

Cheers,

Mark.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I'm not interested sorry Mick but might be worth mentioning whether 1.7TD or 1.9n/a engine.
Vauxhall apologist.
mtbxathena
Confirmed BX'er

Swop BXtzd for BX petrol

Post by mtbxathena »

If you look at BX for sale and wanted on page 3 you will find [ J reg BX TZD Hurricane for free in Leeds area] well thats the car I want to swop. It is now minus alloy wheels and CD player and the seats and door trim have been changed for light grey tweed items out of my TXD. The reason for this is that when the car was tested I was told not to expect the body on a Hurricane to last as long as my TXD of the same year. As I intended running the Hurricane for at least another 6 years I thought the best thing to do was keep the TXD instead. The Hurricane body number painted on the n/s front door pillar is 5478. The car is advertised localy for £295 and is a 1.7 turbo. Regards, Mick.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

So I've got this right?

You get the car for free, take off it's alloy wheels, CD player and seats, so now it's got a nice black dashboard and grey seats, and now only want £295 for it?

bargain! maybe.
They think it's all over, it is now!
mtbxathena
Confirmed BX'er

Swop BX TZD for BX petrol

Post by mtbxathena »

There is always one is`nt there. Purchase car £65. Get car back to Sheffield £100. Repair and service car £150.Replace cambelt, waterpump etc £80 Test car £40. Tax car £103. Asking £295, will take £200. Drive car into scrapyard £80. Surrender tax £64. Sell nearly new tyres, as scrapyard won`t take them £40. Regards, Mick.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Well if you hadn't silently zapped in and undermined the visible arrangement on the forum, I would have been running this as an everyday car and it wouldn't have cost you anything!
Instead you have plundered an otherwise good car for major fitments so any new owner gets less than he should do on a TZD!
This is not the spirit of the BX Club!
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I'm pretty sure someone on else on here used to get free cars, spend invisible fortunes on them and then advertise for a damn sight more than he paid.
As you said Way2go, it's not really in the spirit.
Vauxhall apologist.
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

Way2go wrote: ...........................so any new owner gets less than he should do on a TZD!
This is not the spirit of the BX Club!
:roll: So ..........errr :? .................its not exactly a TZD anymore then :?: :roll:
Definately not "the spirit" :( .........[imho]

Terry ['91 TZD owner]
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Re: Swop BXtzd for BX petrol

Post by stuart_hedges »

mtbxathena wrote:I was told not to expect the body on a Hurricane to last as long as my TXD of the same year.
Erm, why?

Also, yes, you've been naughty *wags finger*

£295 is absolutely top dollar for a BX that's had important bits nicked off it, regardless of what you've spent. Sorry, but you've ruined it and you'll need to accept the consequences.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

A Hurricane BX is a very rare thing these days.

I had a feeling this one would turn up again, having been spirited away like it was.

I have a Hurricane interior in the Auto Diesel and very nice it is too, but this came from a car that had already been broken. I think not only was it not "in the spirit" of the way we tend to do things on BXC but a great shame that this car has been robbed and is unlikely to find a good home now, especially with the price of scrap so high.

To the OP, £80 for the car from the scrappies! you're being done good style there.
They think it's all over, it is now!
mtbxathena
Confirmed BX'er

Post by mtbxathena »

Hi everyone. After engaging brain and thinking about all the none messed about BX`s I have owned and enjoyed in the past it is WRONG what I am doing/done. I have a couple of days spare next week so I shall swop everything back as it should be and carry on running both cars. As regards to how I purchased the Hurricane, after seeing it on the Forum For Sale/Wanted site I Private messaged the owner, why is that wrong? Hope this brings everyone`s blood pressure down. and apologies to Mr Rutherford. Regards, Mick.
mtbxathena
Confirmed BX'er

Post by mtbxathena »

Sorry I should have said apologies to Ken Newbold. M.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Re: Swop BX TZD for BX petrol

Post by docchevron »

mtbxathena wrote:As regards to how I purchased the Hurricane, after seeing it on the Forum For Sale/Wanted site I Private messaged the owner, why is that wrong?
Not so much WRONG maybe, but there was a gentlemans agreement between the seller and a member here, this was visible on the forum. I suspect many of us here are of the school of thought that dictates that a gentlemans word is his bond.

I'm not throwing blame at you or anyone else actually, but IF I had been SELLING that car and such an agreement existed between myself and another party then I'd have declined your offer having agreed in principle to sell the car already if you see what I mean?

Equally, it is now YOUR car, so what you do with it is entirely up to you.
As it stands it will be more saleable if it is presented as a full Hurricane rather than "mostly a hurricane".

They are rather rare now, but equally I appreciate your situation.
I've had two Hurricanes, and both were horribly rotten, the GTi version I had also had a smashed diff. I could have spent months welding them up, but I'd never have made a profit on either, not even close, I'd have lost hundreds.
As it went no-one wanted them before I got them, no-one wanted them after I got them and in the end I scrapped them.
The parts went into many other BX's that were undoubtedly more worthy of being saved.

It's likely your tester chappy was correct. Hurricanes do rot badly and it's unusal to find one that isn't.
But if yours is good bodily it would be a shame to see a rare car get used for it's wheels and seats TBH.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mtbxathena
Confirmed BX'er

Post by mtbxathena »

TZD free ad was posted at 1.56 pm on the 1st of february 2008. I saw and replied to the ad by private message later that afternoon with my phone number. If way2goo`s message had been on then I would have seen it and not replied. Calnvisman rang me at around 7pm later that evening to arrange viewing and nothing was said about anyone else being in touch. I may be many things. but a liar and a cheat I AM NOT. Mick. PS, Yes I should have put that I was sending a private message on the forum, and next time I shall do just that.