Bits and bobs

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Bits and bobs

Post by stuart_hedges »

Anyone got a pair of headrests hanging about, preferably in black cloth? I'd like to chuck some in the back of the TZD.

A set of Z trims would finish it off nicely too, I think :)
simonbx17
BXpert

Post by simonbx17 »

hi stuart, i have a set of tzd turbo saloon trims the dished ones with the square holes but they are in black would need respraying sell them to you for a tenner? :? :D
Current.
00' Fraud Mondeo 2.0 ghia x......i know couldn't resist a bargain.
99' Peugeot 306 1.4 lx. nicely spec'd.
-----------------------------------------------------------
93' xm 2.1 turbo D saloon 203.000mls has been sold to "citroenxm".
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Put the trims on hold - there is a Cunning Plan developing about that.

What I forgot to mention though - if anyone has a steering wheel like the one in these pictures, I would be very interested.

I just find them more comfortable to use than the single spoke one, and I really dislike the red badge on mine. Whenever I'm turning a corner so that the spoke is pointing up, it catches my eye and I think there's a red warning light on the dash and look down. Very odd phenomenon, and very irritating.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I swapped mine for that type of steering wheel too, mine was advertised on ebay as a 16v wheel although I'm not sure what other models had it (obviously Hurricanes!). I found there was nothing to rest my thumbs on, on the single spoke wheel, so after a good few hours driving my hands used to ache as I found myself gripping the wheel too tightly.
If you want a black badge I think I have one of those, I got rid of it as I wanted the red one to give some colour to the interior. Now which box did I put it in? :?
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

stuart_hedges wrote: What I forgot to mention though - if anyone has a steering wheel like the one in these pictures, I would be very interested.
I do have one, and you're welcome to it, but it has a red badge, although I should be able to find a black one....
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Have several black headrests and various associated bits, South Hampshire. PM me.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Mr Starmore has just snapped up the 16v wheel I had, but there's an outside chance I have a black badge somewhere. Strangely, I think my 16v came with the black one on. I'll have a look next time I see the BX, if nobody else comes up with the goods.
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
roy.hassell
BXpert

Bits.

Post by roy.hassell »

Hi, please pm me if you are still looking for the centre cap for a 16Valve steering wheel with a black badge and/or a matching set of 4 black velour head restraints for a BX as I have them all. Will be out of computer contact from 6th to 15th July inclusive.
Cheers,
Roy.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I have a 16v steering wheel somewhere if someone wants, the "lug" that operates the cancels in the indicators is broken off.

Can bring to the national and its free gratis.
roy.hassell
BXpert

Centre Cap and Head Restraints.

Post by roy.hassell »

Not wishing to push anyone but as I have been having problems receiving pm's I cannot be certain whether or not you have replied. Not a problem for me other than my away dates in previous pm. Thanks, Roy.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Sorry, Roy, I managed to miss your answer in the thread! I haven't had any PMs from you either.

I've got a set of alloys instead of the Z trims and a steering wheel (thanks to those who supplied those!).

I'm still after a pair of headrests for the rear though. When you say yours is a set of four, is that two fronts and two backs? They are different. DLM has a pair of fronts that I was planning to pick up from him (I pass his area every couple of months or so and it's not urgent so I thought I'd save the postage) and modify, but if you have genuine backs that may make life easier. Let me know - and don't worry about the time away, it's not massively urgent.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Oops - preview is indeed your friend.

Roverman, that "damage" makes it a proper Citroen item, you realise? Self-cancelling indicators indeed. I might even vandalise mine to make it the same, now you've mentioned it...
roy.hassell
BXpert

Head Restraints.

Post by roy.hassell »

Hi Stuart, Best be quick because memsahib has just said if I don't come away from the computer she is going to kill me. The set I've got is 2 front & 2 rear all in the same black velour. 2 have short stems and 2 have longer stems which confirm this. If you pm your e-mail address for my return I will send piccies if you wish.
Now the nasty bit -- cost -- £20.00 for the set of 4.
Centre Cap for steering wheel if required is £1.00 ( Black with Black badge for 16Valver wheel )
Either/or are plus carriage.
Please advise.
Thanks,
Roy.