The saddest thing to do

Anything about BXs
kiwi
Over 2k

The saddest thing to do

Post by kiwi »

Is dismantle another BX :cry:

Its even sadder when you come across a BX that basically go a Full service history and a fastidous owner and lower mileage at that. Worst still when its a clone of your own BX. Now I feel depressed! :cry:

77,000kms on the clock and the poor thing was rammend up the backside by some inconsiderate dick. Not much damge beside cracked bumper and floor pan distorted but enough to finish it. If it was mine well mybe I would have repaired it.

The owner wanted the Engine but I wnated the wheel trims and got a new interior into the bargain, Fantastic seats cant wait to change my dashboard over though (not :lol: )

So which seats do you prefer? left or right?

1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

The left grey one gets my vote.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

The left one gets marks for durability of the seat cover materials and aesthetics, the right-hand one for comfort (though this could be compromised if Citroen used that awful synthetic grey nylonny material, as they did on early diesels here).

Why do I think the bolstered seats are less comfortable? The over-large lumbar roll at the bottom of the seat back has always put my back out of kilter on long journeys, while the standard "buckety" seatsstay comfortable until the foam collapses, even if the covers don't last as well. As highly-bolstered seats, they can come apart at the seams, though it more common on the leather versions of the seats.

A design very similar to what's was good enough for the CX is good enough to me....

BTW, one of the best BXs I've owned was a hatchback that had once been shunted fairly dramatically from the rear. Repaired under the previous owner's insurance, it had a new boot floor and rear valance, and was rock-solid in that area structurally, unlike most BX hatches. little rust did creep into the a couple of rear seams that'd been stressed by the fracture, but otherwise I was a damned fool for getting rid of it just because I thought I couldn't afford a new windscreen at Test time. The estate that replaced it was a dog, by comparison.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

The left hand seats get my vote. As David says, they wear better. I had ones similar to those on the right in my yellow Break -it had done just over 200k km and they were shagged.( I know it was possible to buy new covers but try finding a set now!)

I took the other style out of a BX that had done 350k and they're still going strong - they're also more supportive unlike the other ones which are more like that traditional Citroen spongey sofa feeling.

I've got the right hand ones in my TRD which has achieved a mere 60k and they're still in good nick
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
kermit the frog
BXpert

Post by kermit the frog »

I have to agree with the above poster's.
The ones on the left are the same style as my TZD and they are very comfortable especially for long runs.
I don't envy you the dash change good luck.

Regards Kermit :) :)
ALAN S an oracle of knowledge sadly missed by us all RIP Mate
Green Hornet well I don't really know.GS project gone to pastures new
Blue Streak 1996(P) XANTIA VSX TD (130K.)
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

I do like 'em a bit soft, 'squishy and slightly enveloping rather than firm'n'lumpy (seats that is...), but I'll gladly admit that I'm royally spoilt now that I've got Tom's old car with more durably covered "lower-spec" seats that don't exist elsewhere except in a Heuliez "Buffalo" special-edition break.

If anyone knows or knows of an upholsterer who could reconstruct the r/h style of seat in a more durable material, I've got a variety of seat covers in this style which could be used as patterns.

The l/h seats in that grey diagonally-flecked material are very classy though: they are in the White TZD estate that Terry recently bought from me and suit a white car much better than the standard black and grey Z/GTi-spec seats and trim.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Well as planned and reassured by you guys :wink:

The seats on the left went in and I got to say went for a couple of hours drive on them along the famous twisty kiwi roads around here and they were comfortable. Better than the old ones and firmer on the boby.

Reminds me of my old GTI interiors except I like this colour better. Now to pluk up the courage to do the dashboard one day. Although not a colour problem just more the coupl of big crack by the windscreen that doe my head in.
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91