Athena for sale (possibly)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
norsened
Confirmed BX'er

Athena for sale (possibly)

Post by norsened »

I have a nice BX Athena that has served me very well but has now become surplus to demand therefore I am toying with the idea of selling her.

The car has new Michelins all round, new front discs and is generally well looked after. Too well perhaps as the bills sugest.

To my dismay the car failed it's MOT today on two small items: The ever looming demon of the strut return pipes (only one needs doing) and a split driveshaft gaitor.
These are relatively simple jobs I understand but as I have neither the time, skill or space to do the repairs myself a garage will have to do it for me.

So to get to the point I am offering the car for sale sans MOT for £100 but for £200 I can get it MOT ed for anyone who fancies an otherwise very fine car.

The car has Tax until December.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I wil provide more information.

Cheers

Ben
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Looks very nice, hopefully somone will take it off you, those jobs are easy one's for some of the members on here.
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

My Monica failed her MOT last year on the EXACT same two faults!
Strut return pipe (+clip) cost around £10 from GSF
CV Boot cost around a fiver.
About an hour to do both jobs myself, by the side of the road outside our house.

That Athena looks nice Ned. I MAY be interested if Monica fails her MOT next week. I have a strong feeling that she will need a LOT more doing this year, and I want a car with Tax & MOT myself urgently, IF she fails.

Cheers

Dave

(Engine size?? 1600 Petrol, yeah?)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Grab a bargain someone!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
norsened
Confirmed BX'er

Post by norsened »

CORRECTION TO ABOVE AD: the tax is only until September I was getting confused with the other car - sorry.

The car is 1600 petrol and drives very well. It rises and falls as it should with no creaks or groans.

It is not perfect and has some damage to the rear side panel (an over enthusiastic 4x4 driver trying to squeeze past) and has no heat adjustment just on or off, but I have never found this to be a problem.

I have booked the car in for work on Friday but if someone wants it then come and get it before the cost goes up.

I would rather it went to a club member as it is truely a nice car to drive. It is fairly posh too with courtesy lights that stay on when you get out, fancy red trimmed blue interior, non-leaking sunroof, headlight protectors, mudflaps all round and a sony CD player with MP3 adaptor. Of course it also shares the bloodline of the famous Athena name.

It does have a radiator that needs topping up periodically but I'm sure someone could fix this.

If no-one is interested then I may be forced to break her for scrap to recoup some of the expense of ownership.

cheers

Ben
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

One of my "exs" there.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

norsened wrote:
If no-one is interested then I may be forced to break her for scrap to recoup some of the expense of ownership.

Ben
You could always "ebay it"
They think it's all over, it is now!
norsened
Confirmed BX'er

Post by norsened »

Sold the car today.

Sold for £100 without MOT to a very nice man locally who had just lost a 2cv to the rust monkey.

He absolutely loved the car and thought I was nuts to sell it. Times are hard right now so it had to go but I am pleased that it has gone to a good home.

Sorry to all who may have had their eye on it.

This now ends my long association with the BX for now but I am glad that there are enough people out there willing to keep these handsome cars going.

Keep keeping them on the road.

Ben.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Hi Ben,

Glad you managed to find a buyer for the Athena, mate.

I wasn't in a position to do a deal until I knew what Monica was going to need for her MOT. She failed, as expected, yesterday....but only on a few minor little problems, so I have no need to be panicking to buy another BX for another year (I hope!).

Hope we will see you back in a BX again in the not-too-distant future!

Dave