GS/A & BX RALLY!! 1 WEEK TO GO!!

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

GS/A & BX RALLY!! 1 WEEK TO GO!!

Post by ren16tx »

Its only 2 weeks to go for our annual G Rally,as most of you should know by now!!
this rally we want a large turnout of BX's,(as well as G's! ) so you can make this into a joint BX/G rally,
if any "Official" type BX club members are attendig, and wish to organise any BX awards ect, you will be more than welcome,just let me know,
july 5-6th (camping from friday eve)
Rural life centre, reeds rd, Tilford, Farnham, Surrey,
£6.50 per car on sunday, free camping, Group BBQ sat eve, you need any more persuading???? then contact me!
Now, do i bring the GS estate,or the "A"reg BX??!!
As always, ALL citroens are welcome,regardless of condition!and any other classic cars are most welcome
chris :D
Last edited by ren16tx on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

As much as I'd love to attend, Chris, it's simply too far for me, especially with the National the following week!
Today's fuel prices make a trip of 250+ miles (each way) extremely costly......even in a BX TXD 17TD currently running on 60% used chip-pan oil!
Maybe if a more Northerly venue was used in the future?
Cheers
Dave
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

I plan to be there on the Sunday, Chris (assuming the BX gets through its forthcoming MOT...). Always a great place for a rally, and handy for us 'soft Sootherners' at least.

How about using a northern venue in alternate years? Much as I enjoy visiting the Rural Life Centre, I don't think I'd suffer withdrawal symptoms by skipping a year, and I'd also have an excuse to visit this 'oop North' place that I hear so much about.

Provided I can afford the petrol, that is... :cry:
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

I'll be there on Sunday - anyone else planning to go?
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Take your umberella Bazza!
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

Great Rally, lots of fun, shame NO BX's turned up! [-X
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Lots of rain, no money, National next weekend.
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

ren16tx wrote:Great Rally, lots of fun, shame NO BX's turned up! [-X
Great winds, lots of rain when I planned to set out - kept up till lunchtime. Remembering that I needed my brolley at the national to attempt to stop the water getting in to the BX, and that it tooke some time to dry out afterwards, I'm afraid I thought better of it. Sorry Chris!

By the way, why are the GS and national rallies on consecutive weekends?
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

it was not planned to be a week apart originaly,but the weekend we wanted in june was taken by the D rally, 3 weekends in August are taken up as we are at the ICCCR in Rome,then its the 2cvgb and stratford rallies,on top of that we had to fit in with the Rural life centre,who have other events planned such as morris minor rallies ect,so it did'nt leave us with many weekends to choose from!!
its not easy trying to organise rallies that don't clash,and alot of effort goes into these events,and it is very dishartening when no one turns up!! we did have around 15-20 G's,and several D's,a great berbie sat eve,and a lovely sunny afternoon, end of the day,these rallies are just an excuse to get together and catch up with everyone!
simonbx17
BXpert

Post by simonbx17 »

sorry chris i completely forgot :oops: understand you met bill, rather nice chap he lives near me. did you see his xm :D very nice hopefully get a ride in it on saturday :wink:

see you soon
Current.
00' Fraud Mondeo 2.0 ghia x......i know couldn't resist a bargain.
99' Peugeot 306 1.4 lx. nicely spec'd.
-----------------------------------------------------------
93' xm 2.1 turbo D saloon 203.000mls has been sold to "citroenxm".