BX14 St. Tropez - H546 AKR

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
fatgeezer
Confirmed BX'er
Location: Eastbourne - where we dont bury the dead,we stand them up at bus stops!!

BX14 St. Tropez - H546 AKR

Post by fatgeezer »

Would the person from Brighton/Banstead that sold me the St. Tropez on ebay last month that is a member here please contact me regarding the V5 please. I cant contact you via ebay as you are 'no longer a registered user'. Thanks.
1990 BX 14 St. Tropez
1996 Citroen Synergie 1.9 td
1989 Mercedes 300se
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Do you know what his username on here was? Someone may have contact details, or he may even have put them in his profile.

EDIT: or his ebay username? Someone may be able to guess who it was from that.
fatgeezer
Confirmed BX'er
Location: Eastbourne - where we dont bury the dead,we stand them up at bus stops!!

Post by fatgeezer »

Thanks - I can't remember his name on here. I have e-mailed 'ren16tx' as he used to co-own the car and may know the man. I dont think there is a big problem but my insurance company are getting a bit jittery and 'can't guarantee a payout if anything were to happen' due to me not being the legal owner until the V5 has been sorted. DVLA have no record of it. Have now taken the BX off the road 'just in case'. Means I will have to use my Merc now - what a blow!!!. His ebay user name was 'cheeky pinu'. Could a moderator please advise if this is the right place to be doing this as there might be some personal details flying about.
Last edited by fatgeezer on Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1990 BX 14 St. Tropez
1989 Mercedes 300se
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

fatgeezer wrote: due to me not being the legal owner until the V5 has been sorted.
That's wrong. The V5 simply shows a record of the registered keeper, nothing to do with the legal owner.

Do you have the small green tear-off slip from the V5? I have a good idea who the vendor is, and if it is who I think it is you could be waiting for ever. If you've got the green slip, you can send that with an explanatory letter to the DVLA and they will send you a new V5. They'd much rather have the record correct than worry about whether the paperwork was done absolutely correctly.

Even without the green slip, I'm fairly sure if you write to DVLA, they'll send you a V5 anyway.
this might be a signature
fatgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by fatgeezer »

The 'legal owner' phrase was quoted to me by the insurance company - it's not my term. My wife has just got off the phone to DVLA and you are right - if I send the green slip and fill out a V62 with a letter things should be OK. As I have the green slip I dont have to pay the £25 either!!. Thanks for your response - perhaps you could PM me if you think you know this guy just in case things turn ugly!!. Thanks again.
1990 BX 14 St. Tropez
1989 Mercedes 300se
fatgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by fatgeezer »

Things appear to be sorted now - thank you.
1990 BX 14 St. Tropez
1989 Mercedes 300se