2 X Red TZD Turbo Estates { for sale} Photos here now

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Bxaholic
BXpert

2 X Red TZD Turbo Estates { for sale} Photos here now

Post by Bxaholic »

I'm doing something i honestly thought i would never do, i'm thinking selling my Bx estate, but only at a fair and sensible price though, cause I honestly think its one of best ones around, 'he would say that' I hear you say, but if you see it you might agree.
Anyway, reason i'm selling is its been in a dry garage for a year now as i've been running a more economical Skoda Fabia tdi, and as i do over 20k a year with my work i dont think i'll ever use the Bx again, and as i am not interested in doing rallies or alike, i find it a bit of a waste sitting in a dark garage, so i've decided it can go, and hopefully to someone who will pamper it like i've done for many years.

I bought this Bx in 1998 on 65,365. I've used it up till July last year, during that time it has been polished every year, also during that time it has been sprayed four times underneath, door pillars, doors, underbonnet with Shell ensis fluid {its better than waxoyl} and this has kept these areas like new.
In the time it was on the road i made another 122k with it, making a total of 183K. It's had oil and filter change every 4,000 miles, and the Lhm changed three times during my time with it. It had rear arm bearings two years ago. Unfortunately i dont know how to put pictures here, but anyone interested i could email some over. Its currently sorned, but will be sold with 12 month MOT on it, there is no work required for it to through test.
One member here saw this car beginning of last year whilst buying another car off my father in law, just ask him how good this Bx is {DJoptix}

2nd BX {intentical colour and model to above}
This is nowhere near as good as the above BX but its in good condition with only a dent in the front wing with a poor repair job done, but this is no problem as I have several wings in the same colour. Its currently sorned, but its well worth the effort for someone to get it back on the road as its only done 144K, it has a good engine and box. The interior is in excellent condition. Work required for test: Rear arm bearings {possibly} Four tyres, one leak near rear wheel needs sorting. Anybody interested in this one can hear the car running, but the car will need to be carried away till the leak is sorted.

Anybody interested in either car, contact me, to arrange viewing either car.

To view either car, you must travel to Gwynedd, North Wales.
Last edited by Bxaholic on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RED 1993 TZD Turbo EST. 182,661miles
My everyday car for last 9 years, about to be seperated {July 2008}, and then i'll be Bx'less first time in 18 years....
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

What sort of "Fair and sensible prices" did you have in mind for these?

As for photos. If you have some, host them on Photobucket and use their automated image code generator to post them here.
this might be a signature
Bxaholic
BXpert

Post by Bxaholic »

To be honest with you i've no idea how much they're worth, but i've seen one tzd hatch J reg lower down here with the quote 'if it had mot it would be worth £500' and there is a non turbo estate at £350 so i dont know if that's any guide or not.
The second Bx can go for what I would get for it at the local scrap metal yard, but its far too good to die now.
My everyday car for last 9 years, about to be seperated {July 2008}, and then i'll be Bx'less first time in 18 years....
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Prices are strange at the moment. There are stories of some truly amazingly high prices being paid for A1 condition 16v models, and yet there are "tidy" cars appearing for not much more than scrap value too.

TBH, it would have to be something very special to be worth more than £500 at the moment. That doesn't necessarily reflect the condition of the car, or the care and attention that has been paid to it over the years; just the market value of it.

As I've heard people say before, the difference between the worth of an item and its value can be massive.
this might be a signature
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Like everything, it's worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it....

Pictures would without doubt help generate interest and may secure a sale.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

I wasn't paying much attention at the time, but from what I remember, the first one of these two is indeed ridiculously clean and tidy.
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

If anyone is interested, I can view these cars on their behalf as I live in Blaenau Ffestiniog, Gwynedd.

Whereabouts exactly are they?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Bxaholic
BXpert

Post by Bxaholic »

Here is my Bx, if anyone wants to take shots of other areas of the car let me know. Like I said earlier in the thread the car will be sold with 12 month MOT.

Bxaholic
BXpert

Post by Bxaholic »

Here is the second BX, this will be sold with no MOT, and due to one leak near the rear wheel it will have to be trailered away.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Very smart indeed! Now you're clearing some space, the A60 under the sheet would suggest that you're just the man to save this ;-)
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Odd! I've got L286 GRX from Ken Newbold via Phillip Chidlow.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Blimey, they look nice!

O/T, but how come TZD estates dont have front bumper splitters and fogs??
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

:shock: :o very nice, best colour too :D
They think it's all over, it is now!
Bxaholic
BXpert

Post by Bxaholic »

Funnily enough there was another blue TZD estate in this area with the number L330 {i think} GRX, plus a ZX with a similar number, there seems to a lot of Cits with GRX about, and Seats with OAN for some reason.

The A60 is my dad's car, its a diesel one! Its got a very valuable registration number on it. It was the only diesel car around at the time in this area anyway, late 60's and into the 70's.

If i sell these two estates, i've another two bx to get rid of, both are breakers, 1 identical TZD estate and a red txd hatch, with a lot of Bx bits inside them.

While i'm at it, i'm also getting rid of a 'R' reg Xantia 1.9 td SX. 10 month mot, new exhaust, new timing belt, new heater plugs. This is also a 'shiny' example! Is £550 a fair price to ask for it? i've got i for sale on the road since yesterday.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

That first estate looks remarkable. If I didn't have all my money tied up in various other cars/trucks/etc I'd have that like a shot.
As a matter of personal interest (I love old British tin!) does the A60 have a 1522cc engine?
Vauxhall apologist.