Wanted good home for 1990 TZD and spare parts collection

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
OriginalOwner

Post by OriginalOwner »

Wanted good home for my 1990 TZD, in Meteor Grey and with GTi alloy wheels, and large collection spare parts.
And yes, I am original and only owner, and all records and bills will be provided, including original sales invoice, handbook, service book, even bag of goodies supplied with new car!
In regular use, but some work needed, or you break for parts.
No photo, but looks just like nearest BX in middle photo on this site's home page, including colour.
£175, ono, sought for everything (car and spares), deceision needed soon as MOT expires 24th July.
Have put off evil day for last 3 years (when it became second car), but must face up to it, much loved BX has to go!
The car:
136,200ish miles (guaranteed and paperwork to back up). Cam belt replaced as specified, last one at around 125,000 miles. Serviced at least annually (records supplied).
New braided hose cylinder head to heater union (around £50), plus battery and a driveshaft boot last year. New steering rack boots 2006. Front discs (discs not pads) replaced at around 119,000 miles. Spheres seem OK. Newish fuel filter assembly.
On negative side, nearside front door dented (spare available, same colour). Chassis welding carried out last 2 years to get through MOT . Rust in drivers front door pillar, just above top hinge, also under rear wing (not chassis). Car starting to show it's age. Radio and rear screen heater don't work, front wiper has wear in driveshaft, also electrical niggles (clock itermittant!, electirc window winder switches need good push, etc).
The spares (all from a TZD):
Pair front doors, pair front wings, all Meteor Grey, no rust. Radiator, starter, alternator, accumulator, many other bits too numerous to mention, including trim, electrical and mechanical bits. Would prefer to dispose of as one, preferably with car.
OriginalOwner

Post by OriginalOwner »

Looks like H460AOD will be going to the scrapman, nobody seems to want it.
Being down at the bottom of the country (Tavistock in Devon) doesn't help.
All my spares will have to go as well, unless someone wants them.
If either the car, or spares, are of interest to you, please post a reply and I will find a way to give a contact number.
You will need to be quick, however, as car ceases to be legally driveable on July 24th (MOT expires), although taxed to end of month, so will have to be driven to scrapman next week else.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Sadly, it seems a fact that not every BX can be saved. Of course there are many BX fans who may, in fact, 'want it' - but only in a sort of pre-credit crunch utopia (never existed mind-you!) where seventy BXs could be kept on the drive, no trouble.... Have you put it on eBay?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Ebay or one of the other internet free sites.

Car sounds like a bargain to me, especially with the spares, but the location is a problem, Ebay has to be an option though. :(
They think it's all over, it is now!
Bxaholic
BXpert

Hi Paul

Post by Bxaholic »

Glad that leak had stopped {or a case of rainwater by the looks of it} i can only assume that having only done 10 mile back and forth to Mot garage and been out for a week it must have been rain standing somewhere, never seen that before though, but normally my cars when unused have always been inside the garage.
More peculiar was the blower, cause that was working last week, that part was only put in last year i'm sure.
Anyway if the car serves you half as well as it did me you'll be alright, I had intentions for it to do epic mileage {for me!} so although I wont be posting here anymore I will pop in and out from here in future to see how it does for you.

Cheers
Malds

PS: The Welsh flag sticker was taken off as when buying a car myself I prefer them without stickers, I normally take the garage sticker off them as well, but I thought that Cubbon and North on that BX looks alright.
RED 1993 TZD Turbo EST. 182,661miles
My everyday car for last 9 years, about to be seperated {July 2008}, and then i'll be Bx'less first time in 18 years....
Bxaholic
BXpert

Post by Bxaholic »

This has been posted in wrong thread, sorry
RED 1993 TZD Turbo EST. 182,661miles
My everyday car for last 9 years, about to be seperated {July 2008}, and then i'll be Bx'less first time in 18 years....