Seven Seater Estate Kit

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
paul@drivepast.com

Seven Seater Estate Kit

Post by paul@drivepast.com »

I have an - I think - unused 7 seater conversion kit with most of the important attachments, which came with my previous BX Estate.
Anyone want it for cash or barter ?
I'm about to take delivery of BXaholic's rather dashing red estate which may need a decent CD/Radio unit........it sure as hell doesn't look as if it needs anything else !
Also, I'm always on the lookout for ORIGINAL movie posters with Cit. content.
You can see the sort of thing at drivepast.com
If you're crackers about cars, and mad about movies, have a look at my unique website, DRIVEPAST.COM : Original Motoring Movie Posters.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Hello Paul, I have sent you a PM..
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Have you got plans for the pitter patter of tiny feet then? :wink:

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Yes Matt, got me there! The stork is already en route - not with multiple deliveries but just the one. Have already had situations where I've needed an extra seat anyway, picking visitors up from the airport. Plus there's the sheer perversity of accumulating every possible accessory available and planning ahead for when the missus suggests we get a people mover..

Also we had a Peugeot 504 estate growing up with the three rows of seats ( all facing forward though) - it's not the same but a bit of nostalgia perhaps. Will be interesting to see what red tape I'll have to negotiate here in Germany to get it 'legal' -probably will have to go and see my friends at the TÜV as I had to when I fitted the diesel Catalyser, to get the stamp of approval.
Todd

docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Congrats Todd, and misses Todd!

Although I still maintain the best thing about kids is making them, so I hope you got plenty of practice in first!! :lol:
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Congratulations Todd, better get your projects all finished now as I am sure you won't have much free time once the package arrives! Image

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Thanks fellas! Yes, I reckon time will be limited. My No.1 project is completing the 'fall-out shelter' - the barn where I keep my rusty heaps is unusable in winter, so I'm making an insulated space inside, big enough for me and the tools, a sofa and a BX. Well, I've heard the bond between mother and child is so strong, no-one's going to notice me slipping off.. and returning several days later :D
Todd

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

toddao wrote: 'fall-out shelter'
Pics please! :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Well, I've heard the bond between mother and child is so strong, no-one's going to notice me slipping off.. and returning several days later
I guess it's nice to have a dream.... my experience of fatherhood is a wee bit different. But then I missed my first daughter's birth because I was tidying-up a car in the aftermath of a smashed-window break-in. Should never have left that leather coat on the back seat.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Yes, I'm sure the reality's different DLM, but I'm living in blissful ignorance ( denial?) still!
As for pictures of the afore mentioned 'fall-out shelter' - there's not much to be seen at the moment.
I had to replace the wood-worm devoured floor, then repair the roof ( at 10 metres plus that's a bit hairy), dispose of tons of junk from the previous tenants, wire it for electricity then sit down on the sofa ( that's in) for a beer. I've got all the materials for the inner sanctum but now the wife's banging on about 'Baby's room' and has become obsessed with carpets. Then I'm trying to work and prepare the bus for its upcoming raid over Britain.. setting off Friday 7am Eta Godmanchester Sat 3-4 pm if the winds are right!
Todd