Front Mudflap Fittings

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Front Mudflap Fittings

Post by Tim Leech »

I bought some new front contured type on Sunday but the fixings are missing, does anyone have any spare or some old front contured mudflaps they want to sell which I can use the fittings off. The universal "blade" type are different.

Thanks
M

Post by M »

Sikaflex - marvelous stuff - I gummed on the flaps on the Xantia all round and they stayed put for well over 10K miles untill I sold it and that car went off onto the green funny lumpy stuff more than once.

Invisible too (well unless you get it all over the paintwork - then it looks all black and rubbery) Also very usefull for making impromptu gaskets out of - squirt out to right shape on a piece of plastic - peel off when dry - hey presto rubber gasket. More cowboy bodgery next week when we make a nitrus injection kit from an old fairy liquid bottle.....
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Thanks marty, will try and source a set first but if all else fails..... Im sure we have something at work that could be "adapted"
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Still after some, dont mind buying a used set of flaps to get them if needs be. These are the CONTOURED ones have a fixing on the end of the drivers sill aswell as the front wing.

Ta!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Screws? Rivets? Man glue? All of these should hold them on.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Kitch wrote:Screws? Rivets? Man glue? All of these should hold them on.
true but dont want to start drilling holes everywhere!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....