Available BX 4x4

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Available BX 4x4

Post by Aerodynamica »

Hi all, I have just heard of a stash of old Citroens in a shed that are all up for grabs at potentially low asking.

Key item to the BX forum is a low mileage BX 4x4. There are also XMs CXs, Xantias and a ZX among others.

I think there is a CX Gti turbo 1 and an XM V6 24v but I need to confirm this. It's part of a garage who's proprietor is getting on and now is left with a collection. Some might be customers' cars left after work - I don't yet know.

The stash is in a town near Berwick in the borders and I'm hoping to go there armed with a camera and tow rope and jump leads - see if anything'll start. Some stuff is fairly unexciting to y'all i.e Xantia, but you never know what's there. I think I'll be going in the next 2 weeks.

Graeme
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Keep us informed! Sounds like a really exciting find - take your camera!
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Will do sir, there might even be a valver but will have to wait and see. Sadly, seems there are no Mk1s but I think there are 2 other BXs, possibly a turdbo D!? can you feel the excitement!

There's a BX 19GT for sale on the 'bay

here

as a classified ad, it looks OK sounds like a good find too (apart from the weerd ebay description more about CCC rally than the car?).

This was at the CCC rally, I stood next to it and for some reason didn't look at it very hard. So, did anyone get a look at this? speak to the sellers? is it a good one afterall or does it hide the evil that's got me before.....

If anyone knows do tell.

Graeme
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
andmcit
BXpert

Post by andmcit »

Bagsy the XM 24'ver!

What's the story with them - dead or alive, project or pristine;
cheap or expensive?

Andrew
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

well I haven't seen them yet but they're said to be going cheap, some are in good nick and low miles some are for spares. Here's the initial list:

Here's the list that member ROY MACKAY posted on XM forum

XM - G Reg MkI 2.0 petrol maroon for spares
XM - G Reg MkI 3.0 V6 complete

******** CX GTi Turbo Mk 1.5 - only 30k miles *********

CX - C Reg MkII 2.0 petrol complete
CX Estates - 2 for spares (1 petrol / 1 diesel)
Xantia - L Reg diesel complete
Xantia - R Reg 1.9TD 139k miles - complete
Xantia - TD - spares
Xantia Estate - P Reg 1.9TD 221k miles - spares

********* BX 4x4 Estate only 35k miles **********

BX - J Reg diesel complete
BX - K Reg 19TXD (non-turbo) 110k
ZX - 1.4 - complete
Xsara - R Reg 1.4i - complete

Most of the cars have been lying in a yard for years - so be realistic
in your expectations - however for the enthusiast there are some
interesting cars there.

-Sorry I said the V6 is a 24 valve! he didn't actually state that in the XM forum! I did speak to him on the phone and he might have said it then (?) otherwise dunno where that came from...
If the CX turbo is as good as it could be it'll be a find.

Basically the garage was an indie Citroen place that has collected these over the years. I think I'll be meeting the guy at the Galashiels rally soon.
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
andmcit
BXpert

Post by andmcit »

The Cx Turbo 1 would be the pick of the bunch - Sm's notwithstanding.
Any suggestion of its' colour?

Andrew
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Not a clue yet but I will be going to see this lot so pix to follow.

Did you mean XMs when you typed SMs? because Roy tells me that the old guy has SMs too on his premises but I don't know if they're included in this haul.

Will update
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I had a look at that GT, to be honest i didnt think it was as good in the flesh as it was advertised. Paintwork had plenty of scratches on it which would probably come out with some graft, but the interior binnacle was 2 tone, hmmmm.

Alloys were corroded & the tyres just looked erm, plain dangerous, as they had loads of splits in them & thats when they were cold as well. That would certainly be a good bargaining point on price.

Compared to Tim's, it was unspectacular, but then again most are. I reckon with some looking after it could turn out to be a really nice example, & i do love the colour.

I didnt look at it from a mechanical point of view, so it might be great or rotten, no idea unfortunately.
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Cheers Mulley, TBH, if stuff such as tyres are skimped over then I rekon the seller (who is it?) doesn't really care and has just stumbled on a lucky find but one that's aged on the perishables... Superficially then it's already casting doubt but then things like the clutch and stuff could be duff - just can't tell without trying it out. I like the colour too - it's exactly the same as the BXGT I used to walk past going to skool 14-15 years ago.

Thanks for the info anyway.
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Aerodynamica wrote:(who is it?)
I believe it is owned by Patrick Rugg, I could be wrong, but I think I'm not.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

docchevron1472 wrote:I could be wrong
Surely not? :wink:

Isn't Patrick Rugg the guy who has caused a lot of controversy in the CCC? I was reading the CX leaflet that was put on windscreens at the show and that gave (a one-sided view of) the story, so I wonder what the truth of the matter is...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I'm wrong quite a lot actually mate.
Handily I'm arrogant and mouthy enough to get away with it most of the time...

Er, hhmm, there's a quite alot more to the story than meets the eye.
I know some of it, but not all of it.

Patrick is a member here (username FRUGG) so it may be best to ask him directley what the hell went on.

Regardless of who said what / why / where etc I thought the whole thing was rather distasteful.

BTW, I rather like Stan so I'm not saying too much as it would come across as bias regardless of what I think because I DO know Stan, and I dont know Patrick, and whilst I've heard plenty from various people it's hearsay only. And we all know how accurate hearsay can be right?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Patrick is a member here (username FRUGG) so it may be best to ask him directley what the hell went on
Wasn't FRUGG the younger family member, who had that pretty decent CX Turbo (among others)??

I think I remember Smiffy suggesting checking out his credentials at one point?? :wink:
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

I think Stan got miffed after letters were published claiming his article was too personal and that perhaps Stan didn't get any opportunity to change it (he had written a July column) if he'd wanted to. I had assumed Stan had given up the position and double checked with the Editor of the mag before writing a new CX column after the request for a columnist and upon asking was just told he's no longer writing it. I then hear from Stan himself that he had written the next column and that it had been sent back to him. He then resigned.
I don't know why they'd send it back. But Stan considered the letter by Mr Rugg Snr. to be invalid as he wasn't a CCC member himself.

That's all I know of it as I think it's best not to get involved. I rekon it'll be best for general members such as us who have no reason to take sides to just forget about it and keep meeting up in fields anyway.

Don't know about you lot but I really value forums such as BXclub and others. They don't carry the baggage of an owners club but moreover, they're just much more welcoming and interesting. I get a lot out of them such as wide knowledge base from the members and stories about the cars. Instead of breaking up the different model sections it could be nice to bring the CX section closer to the others like the BX club.
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

The find sounds v.interesting, when are you thinking of having a look down Graeme? I'm in Durham atm, and would be up for a look up to Berwick...

On the politics aspect, I have to say I have met Stan Platts and found him to be a decent bloke, very knowledgeable, helpful and approachable. I enjoyed his coloumn too.
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski