suspension down

BX Tech talk
Peter Perry

suspension down

Post by Peter Perry »

i've just fixed a leak from the return hose from the pressure regulator to the reservoir and now the suspention is staying down any ideas
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Hi there if there's enough LHM in the tank and the height lever is set right then I'd suggest it might be the pump and accumulator need primed. But first try loosening the 12mm bolt on the pressure regulator 1/4-1/2 turn and running the engine for a good 5 mins then with it still running nip it back up for a few seconds and loosen off 1/4 again. Repeat it a few times until lastly tighten it and leave it and listen for the pressure regulator cut out and hopefully this will prime it enough and it will go up. Failing this, you might need to disconnect the rubber pipe to the HP pump and using a funnel pout some LHM into the pump to pre prime it, reconnect, sart up and try the same procedure as before.

Just make sure there's enough LHM in the tan to draw especially after a leakage repair.
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

Not sure but I think I saw somewhere that you sometimes have to prime the pipe from the reservoir, ie.take it off the reservoir and fill it up and then reattach and then start..........just something to be thinking about I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along in a minute.
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

#The very same minute infact!!

Spooky.

Aye, what Graeme said.
And what Mike said at the same time...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Haha you don't get anything around here then everyone responds at once!

Anyway let us know how it goes, hopefully it is just the traditional old priming issue.

If you don't know what/where any of the devices mentioned are just ask.
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

Spooky............
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper