Only half a BX

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Only half a BX

Post by Philip Chidlow »

It's the 'X' part actually. My shiny black ZX turbo diesel Volcane (as seen at the CCC National) a 1994 'M' with only 84.5k miles on it is (unless something 'falls through' on the BX GTi auto front) going to be for sale very soon.

Mad I hear you say (or maybe not). The ZX needs some inner front wing welding (quoted £120) in time for its next MOT in October, and since changing the tyre pressures (down to what they're supposed to be oops!) rides fine. (Actually goes some!). The central locking doesn't work (well it did, but...?) and that's it - I think.

It blows a puff of smoke at start up when it's been standing for a while, but that isn't anything unusual. New glow plugs earlier this year. Starts, stops and runs fine. You can use veg oil in the diesel too to help with the cost of fuel.

Any interested parties please PM me with an e-mail address. I have a bunch of pics.

Oh, I'm looking for about £700 but will consider lower offers to shift it by 22nd August.

A head turner, it is! And does 42 mpg. And for little extra money will sell with original, hardly used ZX roof bars, rear mud flaps and headlight protectors...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Have you picked up the GTi now Phil?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Not yet. Probably after I return from Belgium - I should have it by around 23/24th. By which time I should have sold the Volcane.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Decided to put the ZX up now and get it over with. Shame in a way as it's a nice car. But I want a BX and something has to give.

Volcane for sale