'92 TZD for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

'92 TZD for sale

Post by Terry Brooks »

'92 tzd for sale......New Car forces sale.

6 months test,taxed until end of Aug.
Tatty but solid body.[14 different shades of metyalic grey/black]
No serious rust issues,but requires front passenger door hinge welding and a small patch in R/H rear arch.
161k miles.[cambelt done at 139K]
Recent new clutch & battery.
Four good tyres.
Interior tidy & clean.
Towbar & twin electrics.
Loada spares included [spheres,fuel pump,hydraulic pump,turbo,pedal box,mirrors,switches,etc,etc]

The hydraulic return pipes under the L/H side leak at the "Y" piece,I suspect that this is connected with the fact that the "tick times" are way too fast...the [low pressure?] pipes on the "Y" piece blow off if full L/H lock is applied ...the above "loada spares" includes a complete accumalator sphere unit.....I simply cant be @rsed to do the job,as I'm taking delivery of a new car later this week.
Having spent a fair amount of time under the car [attempting to trace the above leak] .....I can confirm that the underneath is remarkably "rot free & solid" .

It will drive away ..........although tbh,I would'nt want to drive it far in its current condition [ie,the above leak]

I'm looking for around £150 ......if it has'nt sold by the end of August,I'm throwing the whole loada spares into the boot and driving it down to the local crusher and weighing it in,as [FWIU] its worth about £150 for price of scrap.

Terry
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
Terry Brooks
BXpert

Post by Terry Brooks »

:? This forum really needs an edit facility.....
This car also has had....
Recent new spheres.
Recent new rear arm bearing.
The engine & gearbox are A1.
Spares also include a starter motor,alternator,clutch cable [too much to list really]
Best part of half a tankfull of diesel.
This car is too good to scrap ............but I simply do not have space to store/park it after the tax expires on 31/08/08.
jwthwaites96
Confirmed BX'er

Post by jwthwaites96 »

Hi Terry, PM sent
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Sounds WAYYYYYY too good to get "cubed" Tel!!
I really hope someone can find a new home for this one......I'd have it myself at that "giveaway" price, but I just don't have any spare space to shove it on, and I can't afford to have 2 BXs sat on the road outside!!

btw Terry......what's your new "bus" then??????? :wink:

Dave
Terry Brooks
BXpert

Post by Terry Brooks »

PM replied to.
Terry Brooks
BXpert

Post by Terry Brooks »

mountainmanUK wrote:Sounds WAYYYYYY too good to get "cubed" Tel!!
I really hope someone can find a new home for this one......I'd have it myself at that "giveaway" price, but I just don't have any spare space to shove it on, and I can't afford to have 2 BXs sat on the road outside!!

btw Terry......what's your new "bus" then??????? :wink:

Dave
Hi Dave .... :wink:
It is too good for "cubing" .....and I dont wanna see it get cubed......thats why I'm only asking "cube" price.
If I'd somewhere to keep it,I'd keep it myself,but with my bikes,my 2CV & Linda's Daewoo and my new motor I'm well stuffed for space....[and Dean "BarnsleyBX'er" said exactly the same when he saw it yesterday]

The "new bus" ? ............its a 56plate C4 VTR+ Coupe ...with only 14k on the clock,18months Citroen warranty remaining .... at well less than half the price of a new 'un....I collect it on Thursday.

Tel.
Terry Brooks
BXpert

Post by Terry Brooks »

Still for sale ...for the price of scrap ...it's gonna get weighed in at the end of the month if no-ones bothered about saving it ...I have just nowhere to keep it.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I might still be interesting in this Terry. We can have a natter at the weekend.

I just can't live without a BX it seems. I keep trying but the nagging need for one never stops!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Couple of queries - is it a Bosch fuel pump on these? And how easy is it to change the accumulator gubbins? I'd be looking at a fair trek to get it back home.
Terry Brooks
BXpert

Post by Terry Brooks »

Dollywobbler wrote:Couple of queries - is it a Bosch fuel pump on these? And how easy is it to change the accumulator gubbins? I'd be looking at a fair trek to get it back home.
Dunno & Dunno,but theres a spare of each item with the car.
It's still not sold and its getting weighed in on Friday if it has'nt gone by then.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Sorry Terry. Cold light of day and too many other projects mean I can't take it on. Gutted.
c90cassette
Confirmed BX'er

re bx

Post by c90cassette »

hi terry how are you?just read your posts with dollywobbler.it sounds good car.i would like to bu it off you inc spares.just asked my friend today to come with me.he lives in bolton so would have to go there first and take car back thereproblem is earliesst we could come is early sat morning could be at yours for at latest 9 am.i could be there definately,i have just read is past your deadline.i will check posts this time tomorrow.hope can save it.bye rob.
hi i am rob in liverpool 1989 bx 17 dtr turbo
Terry Brooks
BXpert

Post by Terry Brooks »

Hi rob,the problem is that the tax expires on 31/8/08,which is a sunday. The local scrappy will be closed on sunday.
I had planned to go away next w/end,but if the yard is open on the saturday morning I could give you until 9.00am.
Should you be later than 9.00am,not turn up or decide for some reason that you dont want the car ..........then my weekend is b*ll*x*d and I'm lumbered with it ...out of tax and needing SORN'ing,which quite frankly,after all the peeps who've said they're interested and then given backword is just too much hassle ...........its for scrap money,and tbh,I could'nt care one way or the other now whether it gets saved or scrapped [in fact,it would be a whole lot easier to weigh it in,as I have a whole lot more junk lying around which I could also weigh in.]
I'll check tomorrow if the scrapyard is open saturday morning.
Terry Brooks
BXpert

Post by Terry Brooks »

Terry Brooks wrote:
I'll check tomorrow if the scrapyard is open saturday morning.
Hi rob ........the scrappy IS open saturday morn.
All the spares etc are in the boot.
Can you assure me that you'll be here for 9am.

best regards ....Terry
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I cant believe noone wasnt a MOT'ed tizzy d for that money?