BX Part numbers

BX Tech talk
nstarmore
BXpert

BX Part numbers

Post by nstarmore »

Thia is possibly an unusual question but I have been wondering recently with the start of my 16 valve restoration getting ever closer where information on part number comes from.

I've noticed that a lot of you seem to have access to the parts information that dealers would have (I guess) with the exploded diagrams and what-not and in some cases prices for the parts.

Where can you get this info from. Obviously theres the old microfiche route but finding them must me a tad difficult these days. Is there some software you can buy with all this on? Or do a lot of you just work in Citroen dealers so have access to the info?
Nic

- 1995 Xantia SX TD (daily hack)
- 1987 BX 16V (project)
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

Hi Nic,

Take yourself along to http://service.citroen.com and register yourself there.. There is an option for registering that does not need you to give any company info like VAT numbers etc. A sort of private individual membership.

Set the language to English first or you'll have to register in French :lol:

It'll then send you an email with your password. This email sometimes gets caught up in the spam filters so have a look in your junk mail folders if it does not immediately appear in your inbox.

On first login, you'll also have to reset the language to English.
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

That's very handy that Jim - thanks. I've just signed up and I am able to see for myself that the part I need for my heater is definately no longer available :(
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

You can download an official Citroen parts book in PDF form here:

http://www.citroenz.com/

doesn't cover diesels.
roy.hassell
BXpert

Post by roy.hassell »

Just tried that last link and I know its probably me, but, my PC says Web Site cannot be found when you click onto the link on the home page to the BX parts list offered.
However when I rebuilt my then 2 x 16Valvers I got copies of the microfiche pages.
These I then put into plastic sleeves and then into a ring binder.
Whilst not the complete parts list there are 108 pages of exploded views and part number listings specifically for the 16Valver.
As I no longer have a 16Valver this is now for sale at £15.00 plus postage/carriage.
If interested please pm me.
Thanks,
Roy.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Sorry about the link from the Citroen z site. Citroeny still seems to be working - katalog is a parts book.

http://citroeny.cz/servis/servis.htm

At least one of the katalog links works!
roy.hassell
BXpert

Post by roy.hassell »

Yes thats true --- better than a kick in the xrxe !
nstarmore
BXpert

Post by nstarmore »

citrojim wrote:Hi Nic,

Take yourself along to http://service.citroen.com and register yourself there.. There is an option for registering that does not need you to give any company info like VAT numbers etc. A sort of private individual membership.

Set the language to English first or you'll have to register in French :lol:

It'll then send you an email with your password. This email sometimes gets caught up in the spam filters so have a look in your junk mail folders if it does not immediately appear in your inbox.

On first login, you'll also have to reset the language to English.
Thats brilliant Jim, thank you. Is it possible to order direct from there, it seems you can add items to the basket but doesn't give prices, would save trips to the idiots in parts at my local steale.
toddao wrote:That's very handy that Jim - thanks. I've just signed up and I am able to see for myself that the part I need for my heater is definately no longer available
How do you know that does it give you a message if you try to add something to the basket that isn't available?

Thanks for all the sugestions, if i'd known all this information was a question away i'd have asked a long time ago!
Nic

- 1995 Xantia SX TD (daily hack)
- 1987 BX 16V (project)
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

Hi Nic,

No, unfortunately I don't believe you cannot order direct from there unless you're a stealer :(

I find it best to make a basket and than print it out and take it along to our local stealers. She on the parts desk really appreciates it as it cuts her work down no end :D

Generally, if a part is listed it is available. You may have to wait weeks or months but it's available somewhere on the planet. My record is four months for Activa Rear Ram Bushes :evil: In the end I made some temporary substitutes.

Thaings that are really not available are marked "NFP" (No Further Production).
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...