TZD Hurricane, Breaking

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Hurricane
BXpert

TZD Hurricane, Breaking

Post by Hurricane »

Righto,

May aswell cut to the chase, it's going to be cubed within the next 2 weeks. We've had bits of it like the alloys and front spoiler for our TXD aswell as the heater control panel and motor and windscreen wiper motor. Thats about all I can remember of the top of my head and about it I think.

The rest of the car is as you would expect, best things include unmarked, excellent condition Green Hurricane Seats, and all engine bits bar maybe a pipe or 2 but it should all be there aswell as rest of interior and exterior bits bar what we've taken off.

If you want anything, drop me a PM and we'll see if it's there and talk about a price and arrange a time to come and get it. I'll ship out my address and phone number in the PM and you come down and get what you want.

We're in Preston, Lancashire and it isn't hard to find, it's at the intersection of about 5 different motorways and we live just off one of the main roads (Blackpool Road) Marty will hopefully vouch for how easy we are to find.

It's on our driveway, so as I've said if your interested in anything at all PM me or enquire in here, but it's First come First serve etc as we want rid, and I'll get some photo's up in here shortly of current state of the car on the driveway.

Would rather see as many bits as possible go to help other BX's keep running and it all not go to to be cubed, if that happens we may just have the seats and a couple of other bits ourselves.

Not timewasters as I can't be arsed with it, so don't bother, and no idiots who'll buy things off us and stick them on eBay days later for more, you must turn up with a Citroen of some sort*. We could easily flog the seats etc on eBay ourselves but it would be to much hassle and I would like to see things go to BX owners off here.

Kind regards, Martyn.

*Not strictly neccasery. :P
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

May sound like a daft question, but why are you breaking it?

is this the one mentioned in another thread with running problems?
They think it's all over, it is now!
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

ken newbold wrote:May sound like a daft question, but why are you breaking it?

is this the one mentioned in another thread with running problems?
Yeah, because it's fecked.

Had a bloke down today wanting some bits for his BX, he had a look and took a few pipes and other bits, he said the Turbo is knackered, to many problems to fix in one go and we don't have the money.

TXD is in much better knick than this so better to get that going again.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Whats the rust situation on like on this one ?
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

ken newbold wrote:Whats the rust situation on like on this one ?
Not entirely sure there, my Dad has had a look and says theres some bits of rust but the main things are to many problems and due to rainwater getting in quite a few times (which we fixed) the carpets underneath were damp, so maybe that could contribute to some rust?

I will go out later and get some detailed photos of the car on my camera and post them up here, when it's stops pouring down. :)
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

And and steel Radiator, brand new 12 months ago, excellent condition, £400 new. Available for £150, if you're interested PM me.

K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

The main problem rust areas I'm interested in are the A pillars, near front door top hinges, C pillars, just inside the rear door shuts.

If these are OK, this car seems too good to break, I would have to persuade my mate to come over with trailer.

If there is much rust evident, then it's a shame :(
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

£400 for a radiator?? :shock: That's more than some BXs are worth complete! One good reason that put me off buying a Tizzydee I think. I bought a new 16 petrol rad for about £90 in 2004.

Go for it Ken! :)

Mark.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I think £400 for a radiator must be for a genuine one, as GSF list them for £150 plus VAT...still pricy though!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

Sorry, that wasn't the plan.

It's a wreck and beyond repair, we would have repaired it if it was worth it!

Seats will be taken out before it goes and will go on eBay I think, also the rear spolier and side grills have been claimed.

Need to get it shifted to get the TXD out, sooner we get the weigh in value that will go toward the TXD repairs.

If you want anything you must get in touch asap! It wont be here much longer.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

:cry:
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

^ I know what you mean, we have had it for about 4 years and have had damn good service at the same time, it's got over 200,000m on the clock so has done well.

We have a problem, been trying for the last 20 mins to get those air extractor side pod things off, what a bloody nightmare, are they supposed to come off? They seem to be attached with hooks in different directions. I don't think we'll have much luck with the spoiler either.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Hurricane wrote:Sorry, that wasn't the plan.

It's a wreck and beyond repair, we would have repaired it if it was worth it!
1) It doesn't look like a wreck to me.

2) *Nothing* is beyond repair, time and enthusiasm conquers all ills.

3) By worth I take it that you mean in monetary rather than rational terms. My dog of a 306 is 'worth' scrap value, but in that it gets me anywhere I want to go without hassle, it is priceless to me. Ken expressed an interest in saving your car, which I believe is rather more worthy than weighing it in.

4) A secondhand radiator is not worth £150.
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

1) It doesn't look like a wreck to me.
How the hell can you make that assumption without seeing it? The pictures above do it to much justice. You come up here and see for yourself if you like.

It is indeed not beyond repair, but we have neither the time nor money to repair it, and we chose this option.
3) By worth I take it that you mean in monetary rather than rational terms. My dog of a 306 is 'worth' scrap value, but in that it gets me anywhere I want to go without hassle, it is priceless to me. Ken expressed an interest in saving your car, which I believe is rather more worthy than weighing it in.
Yes it is monetary, if Ken wishes to save this car and is serious, then please PM me and come down with a trailer asap, but I'll be asking at least scrap value for it.
4) A secondhand radiator is not worth £150.
How much is it worth then?
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

My Dad is not happy selling it in it's current state.

To many pieces have been taken off that are needed for our other car.

The car has now been stripped, alls that is left is the engine (minus a lot of bits) bodyshell, and dashboard.

That is what is going for scrap, and is what you'll get if you take it away.

All the important new engine bits (we cost a f*ckin lot of money in recent years) have been taken out by us, incl the seats.

We had a plan, and this topic was just that, this isn't what we want, but if you want whats left (as above) your welcome to it, for the weigh in value.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo