P2 Bx 16 trs... Opinions please chaps

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
chriscarterstevens
BXpert

P2 Bx 16 trs... Opinions please chaps

Post by chriscarterstevens »

Hey guys, just caught sight of the fact that docs valver mite b up 4 sale. As i am only allowed 1 car for numerous reasons, i am after opinions on what my near mint 16 trs with 40k and fsh and 7 mths mot 6 mths tax is worth. Offers invited if interested. Pics on www.photobucket.com/ccs. Thanks peeps
Cartman

1985 BX 19 GT
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

...Page not found …but while you're at Photobucket, why not try.... :cry:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Ooh, dont get carried away mate, I did say MAYBE, I aint really totally decided anything yet, got a few avenues to explore in offloading the Bristol, but it Could be up for sale soon.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Re: P2 Bx 16 trs... Opinions please chaps

Post by cavmad »

chriscarterstevens wrote:Hey guys, just caught sight of the fact that docs valver mite b up 4 sale. As i am only allowed 1 car for numerous reasons, i am after opinions on what my near mint 16 trs with 40k and fsh and 7 mths mot 6 mths tax is worth. Offers invited if interested. Pics on www.photobucket.com/ccs. Thanks peeps
Err, no offence and all that but we don't 'do' text talk Chris.
Photobucket link not working, it only leads to PB's home page and not your album or any pictures of your car.
Vauxhall apologist.
roy.hassell
BXpert

Post by roy.hassell »

Knowing that you have been looking at Alloy Wheels for your car, and as I understand it you have committed to purchase a set from the Birmingham Area, not mine which are for sale I hasten to add, I think you may be in for a shock.
With complete cars there are inevitably two prices, one is what the seller thinks his might be worth, and the other is what a buyer thinks its worth. So whilst docs 16Valver seems to ring a number of peoples bells, I have not seen any pictures of either yours or docs cars and accepting what both owners say about their respective cars I reckon your cost to change would be over £1000. So far it would appear that I may be the only one crazy enough to venture a financial opinion to your original posted question, which I hope helps, but no doubt now that I have started, hopefully others will follow. No doubt if I am way off the mark I will soon be put right by those with a broader knowledge than me.
Cheers,
Roy.
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

This is a 16TRS carby car we're talking about... It may be worth £1000 in France, the sort of prices BXs are advertised over there for, but sadly not in the UK.

Mark.
roy.hassell
BXpert

Post by roy.hassell »

With respect Meteor Man, I suggested the cost to change would be over £1000, not that the 16TRS was worth over £1000 which would be plainly stupid !!
May I suggest you re-read my posting to clarify for your own satisfaction.[/url]
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

To be fair Roy I thought you meant that as well mate. I'd have thought perhaps £450 tops would be about right for the TRS. Sounds lovely and well worth having but it's still the diesel ones that are most wanted as it were and they command better money as a rule.
Vauxhall apologist.
roy.hassell
BXpert

Post by roy.hassell »

Thanks for your confirmation and support cavmad.
Regards,
Roy.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

No problem Roy though I should have explained myself better sorry: I meant I thought you implied it was worth a thousand quid as Mark seems to think too.
It's no problem though of course, just crossed wires and all that.
Vauxhall apologist.
roy.hassell
BXpert

Post by roy.hassell »

Hi cavmad,
I am beginning to wonder where Mk 1 Astra Land is ( Ellesmere Port ? ) or if all this rain has finally got to you like me.
I say this in jest as although I have re-read Marks reply several times the way I read it is that he agreed with my original comments and not your subsequent observation.
I am not trying to score points here but merely point out how easy and potentially dangerous it is for two people to read the same thing yet see it in two different ways.
There ain't no substitute for the spoken word.
Or maybe is because I am south of the M4 and you are north of the M4 ? ( joking ! ).
roy.hassell
BXpert

Post by roy.hassell »

Its just me and my big mouth !!!!!!!!
I am now going to lie down in a darkened room !!!!!!!!!!!!
Obviously, having now had a brain transplant I can see that this idiot from south of the M4 is the one who cannot read straight, and for that I apologise !!!!!!!!!!
You were right all along !!!!!!!!!
My ramblings just confused the muddied waters !!!!!!!!
I will now eat humble pie and shut up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

WTF? Can I have half an ounce of what you've been smoking mate? :lol:
It's probably because I'm a southerner by birth but had the good sense to move oop north many years back.
I now think you've stayed down south too long and the poor quailty of the air plus the amount of jellied pearly king eels has got to you.
It's ok though Roy, there are ways we can help and you WILL get mentall stable at some point I promise.
I have initiated a three point plan that I call SUMNMRPEL: (Sell Up Move North Meet Real People Enjoy Life).
Firstly flog your one up one down house for eleventy billion quid to some mug with some money and no brains who wants to be within 674 miles of the big smoke so he can commute in every day.
Secondly come up here where your money will get you a decent sized house in a lovely area*.
Thirdly enjoy getting on with people in God's finest hour: Cheshire.

*Please note terms and conditions apply: Lovely areas do not include Wales or Liverpool. We reserve the right to forcibly repatriate you back down south if you ever talk about apples and pears or Landan bladdy tarn, or if you start singing songs about jellied eels, queen mothers or you dance round pianos withn a pint of cheap lager praising Chas and Dave.
What's more you'll be forced back down south in a Xantia in broad daylight with your name right down the side of it, can you imagine the embarrassment of that?
Agent Way2go will then come and visit you in the wee small hours with agent Mr Chidlow and paint 'Xantia lover lives here' on your front wall.
You have been warned!
Vauxhall apologist.
roy.hassell
BXpert

Post by roy.hassell »

Nice one cavmad.
One small step for mankind though --- I am not a Londoner, per say.
Way back in the prehistoric days of 1948 I popped out into a lot less car populated world in Eastbourne, Sussex.
For reasons and words at the time, being only several weeks old, I was unable to comprehend I was forcibly moved from the tranquil Sussex coast to the great Metropolis of Surbiton ( no, not the Good Life ), Surrey.
In 1970, Surbiton sighed a great sigh of relief when I upped sticks and moved down to the end of the yet completed M3 to Basingstoke, Hampshire, on a permanent basis where to date the men in the white coats have yet to find me and throw me out/lock me up/sedate me/or whatever.
Now at the tender age of 60 I threaten all boarders with a zimmer frame and play with my cars when time and this year, weather, permits.
The tale has been told and endeth here.
Enjoy,
Roy.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Erm, which "idiot from south of the M4" do you refer to?
Mark is a top bloke and in no way an idiot.

There are innumerable pictures of my valver on this and many other Citroen forums, and indeed Chris Carter Stevens car also features in pictures on this forum.

His car is bloody straight and extremley tidy.
I know this, I've seen it and driven it.
Frankley, bodily it's better than my valver.
All of which may well be irreevant anyway given that I haven't actually said I AM going to sell my valver for definite yet anyway.

There's enough members of this and other forums that have seen my valver and driven it to know of it's provenence, I have nothing to hide or prove with that car.

Also, as I mooted via PM, the alloys you have for sale Roy are rather on the expensive side for alloys these days.

I've given them away free before now just to clear the space.

Despite having read these posts several times now I am still rather confused as to whose smoking what and if some are written in bollockese, but if the "idiot from south of the M4" was sighted at Mark then an apology is in order, stuff like that is totally uncalled for when levied against someone you dont even know.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...