BX Body Panels.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
roy.hassell
BXpert

BX Body Panels.

Post by roy.hassell »

" And now for something completely different !"
The model is the Hatchback, the colour being sun faded red, it is a phase 2, the GTi 8Valve to be precise, 1987 manual.
Whats Available -- all exterior Body Parts except wheels. ( Doors complete with glass, electric lifters, central locking, door handles, etc ).
The Cost -- 50pence per pound weight as weighed here on kitchen scales.
The Catch -- collection only from Basingstoke, plus what you want, you remove from the car ( no cutting facilities here ).
The End Result -- what is left will be weighed in.
If there is any interest please pm me.
Thanks,
Roy.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Roy,

I could be interested in the two wings and bonnet! Mine have scratches and dents. Faded paint I can polish, dents and scratches I can't. Could you reserve them for me please?
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
roy.hassell
BXpert

Wings & Bonnet

Post by roy.hassell »

Quite happy to reserve them for you provided you can arrange collection within reasonable/acceptable time frames
Please advise what are your suggestions.
Cheers,
Roy.
roy.hassell
BXpert

Post by roy.hassell »

Kitch,
Any chance of a reply please ?
Thanks,
Roy.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

I can only reply when I'm online mate :wink:

When you do need it all gone by? And whats the paint code on the inner wing? Thats the first thing I should check really. Are the panels in good order, other than being faded?

Cheers

roy.hassell
BXpert

Post by roy.hassell »

Apologies Kitch but I thought you were still on line as I had replied to you within 9 minutes of your posting the question.
So for answers,
Time frames -- sooner the better otherwise it will be off to the scrappers.
Condition -- no dents or scratches in the wings, and no gouges in the composite bonnet.
Paint Code -- EJXcS ( Solid not metallic Red ).
Hope that helps.
Please advise.
Thanks,
Roy.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

9 minutes is forever in cyber space, some websites dont even survive for 9 minutes!

I do believe that is infact venetian red! huzzah! Right colour and evryfink.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Ok Roy, well weigh it all up and let me know how much it'll cost and I'll work out when I can next get up there.

roy.hassell
BXpert

Body Parts.

Post by roy.hassell »

Hi Kitch,
Got your message thanks.
Can I politely ask you to go back and re-read my original posting on this sale/availability.
Yep, thats right, the bit that says, " the bits you want, you remove, and then we weigh. "
So if you want to move this forward let me know when you are thinking of visiting please and we can finalise the details.
Cheers,
Roy.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Roy, someone has to say this and it might as well be me mate: your sales technique is, erm, 'questionable' I think is the diplomatic way of putting it.
I appreciate that you have stated your methods of selling but I doubt you'll be successful, and things like 'yep, that's right that bit that says...' doesn't really come across very well to be honest.
Who knows how much certain individual BX parts weigh? Have you any pictures? Have you appreciated that Kitch replied and said well weigh it all up and let him know? What do you seriously expect people to do if you advertise stuff in this manner?
People don't and won't always respond in the exact manner you asked or expect them to, that's life, but harrassing people on the net and coming across as pushy and a bit condescending won't boost your bank balance old lad.
Take the above as just my opinion and meant as genuine advice please, as that's how it was intended.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

/\
Very well said young Cav...
TBH, selling things by weight seems rather odd to me.

A bonnet and wings in anything less than perfect condition is no more than about £20 of anyones money really.
Given the cost of spraying stuff these days, and we al know, venetian red once faded will polish up and look good for two weeks, but will then return to pink. Theres only one cure for pink panels, and thats a spray gun...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
roy.hassell
BXpert

Bodt Bits

Post by roy.hassell »

Just goes to show how wrong you can be.
I had planned to scrap the body by weighing it in but then re-considered that and thought some of it might be useful to others at the same time as earning me a few bob.
It is an offer surely and if someone wants pictures or descriptions then all they have to do is ask.
I would have thought posting pictures of panels just for the sake of it would have been wasting precious forum space, but obviously I am wrong there too.
With the expressions expressed by cavmad I will not argue for they are his to express but when something that I thought would at the very least be a novel way of dealing with body bits provokes such a response, it reminds me that I thought forum's were meant to be fun and that perhaps some people may be in danger of loosing sight of just that.
Having got slagged off once by trying to provoke a response to Chris Carter Stevens request for opinions when asked for a valuation on his car which no one bothered to answer until I did, and then it seemed as though the expression ' cost to change ' was totally misread/ignored/overlooked and the thread appeared to be more intent on having a go at me rather than helping the guy in question.
And now when I offer panels at what I thought was a nominal cost to those who are willing to help themselves, I get slagged off for that as well !
Is it so wrong for me to point out when one of my postings is misread yet others seem to delight in pointing out when I get it wrong, which all of us do from time to time.
I could go on for ages but I hear it would only become a battle of words, for which, quite honestly, I am not interested.
I thought the cars themselves were the point of forum's but maybe I've got that wrong too.
Way2go
Over 2k

Re: Bodt Bits

Post by Way2go »

[quote="roy.hassell]I thought forum's were meant to be fun [/quote]

That's true Roy but without wishing to ruffle your feathers further do you believe that your posts have been about fun? As Cavmad inferred, your posts appear principally to conduct a selling opportunity. Your prices are way above the other forum members who in the spirit of the club offer parts for free or one or two pints of beer.
When members like Stu tried to assist you on the mirror when you acquired this car you ridiculed him because he hadn't grasped that you had acquired the car to break it not renovate it. I was surprised at this because I thought your purchase of the car was to again become a BX owner as you wished to be involved in the general fun of BX ownership.
Just in case I/we have got this wrong, may I ask if in respect of the BX whether you see yourself as just a trader or a participating member within the club?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
roy.hassell
BXpert

Post by roy.hassell »

My memory fails me. Could you refresh me re the mirror ?
Rediculed, please advise how, what and when as I have absolutely no recollection. Come to that, who is Stu ? Does he have a call sign/signing on name that I might recognise ?
As for the next bit, hell will freeze over before I become a trader.
As for high prices, except for the items of recent discussion which I have admitted to getting wrong my original listing got the nod of approval from one of your most respected veterans regarding prices.
As for BX ownership, that is now a closed chapter in my life after driving nothing else for the past 10+ years of my life as a daily driver and having covered in excess of 150K miles in various models.
As an opportunity to sell what I have got, sure, course it is, why try and deny it.
Don't tell me the average person would do any different when they moved on, other than consigning it all to the dustbin.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

I don't want to get involved, although I tip my hat to Billy if he's "looking out for a fellow member" :wink:

Having met Roy, it's alot easier to make sense of what he's written here, but being completely honest I'm a bit mistified by the method of pricing here too. Sure, I can see its the same method as would be undertaken at a breakers, but if I were to drive somewhere (anywhere is expensive at today's prices!) to weigh something, work out the price and then to have to decide whether to buy it or not....well it's a waste of fuel at the least if I either can't afford it, or think it works out too expensive for what it is.

So, with that in mind:

Roy, could you either remove the panels and weigh them (4 small bolts hold the bonnet on, and if you have no one around, a tea towel under each corner removes the risk of paint damage when you remove it from the hinge...the wings are held on with similar bolts, the last of which can be access by pulling out the plastic arch guard inside) and I can decide from there or

Or....

Name your price beforehand, I'll decide from there, and if I can afford it/am happy to pay it then I'll come up with a 10mm spanner and remove the parts myself.

It would just be so much easier either way, and I wouldn't have to learn how to weigh things in old fashioned money....grams, kilos and tonnes make so much more sense! :lol: