MK1 parts needed for the Digit.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

MK1 parts needed for the Digit.

Post by DavidRutherford »

Today I dragged the Digit out of it's hibernation spot, and found two things. 1) stale petrol and 2) corrosion.

1) was easy to fix, and a quick pump out of the (under 1 litre!) of fuel left in the tank, and 3 litres of fresh. Fired up straight away.

2) is going to be less easy to fix. The majority of it is in the floor, where I can use flat sheet and beat it into shape to fit. No problems there. The problem is the rear wings. I definitely need a nearside one, and possibly an offside one too.

So... (and I know it's a long shot) does anyone have, or know of any rear wings available? Just to add a further level of complexity, I believe the MK1 wings are flatter than the MK2 ones, and so I would need MK1 ones. (Unless someone can tell me they're the same, then I'll cut some off a scrapper)

Ideally I'd love some new panels, but I'm open to suggestions.
this might be a signature
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

It's great that the Digit is coming out of hibernation just as the Winter is starting! That's a perfect Citroen state of affaires. Are you fixing it for your own personal ride David or to move it on? Either way.. let's ave some pics!!! Vive La Digit! :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

mk1 wings are indeed different.
Although I cant see it being too hard to mod a Mk2 wing to fit and look Ok..

John Greaves at Classic Citroen Parts may have a set of Mk1 wings..

I can check if you like?
He's also a good deal cheaper than the thieving bastards at Citroen..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

How bad is the corrosion (and how far upward does it extend?) Hadrian panels http://www.carpanels.co.uk/index_catalogues.htm do pattern lower rear wings, and as AFAIK the outer wings were the same between Mark 1 and 2; it was the C pillar that was slightly different in that the C pillar (on the mark 2) had a bulge just above where they tend to rot under the back door which was absent on the mark 1. Certainly prnet does not list different outer wings for the mark 1 and 2...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

The lower rear wing is wider on the Mk2, you can see it where the rear 'arch' forms towards the rear bumper - on the Mk1 there's a step of around 1/2 inch to the bumper's outer profile whereas on the Mk2 the lower arch looks more pulled out and would have less of a step (makes me wonder how a Mk2 with Mk1 rear bumper would look) I think it was done to accommodate wider wheels for later models.
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

jonathan_dyane wrote:How bad is the corrosion?
Bad enough that if it was just another MK2 BX, I would have scrapped it.

The offer of giving the car away for free is still open, although I suspect no-one will be that interested now!
TB2
BXpert

Post by TB2 »

What?! You'd give your DIGIT away for free? Or did I misunderstand something...
Carl

1989 TRD "Entreprise" Turbo Diesel
1989 16 Valve
---
Parts needed:
- One black leather headrest.
- FDV overhaul kit (95.669.034)
Please contact me through PN if you have any of this.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Have a look at this thread...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
TB2
BXpert

Post by TB2 »

So that's how it is... But looking at this matter, I see that David tried to get rid of the Digit twice already, but always consider keeping it the better option. So why even talk about it, we all now he wants to keep it ;)

Hope you can find the parts you need, David!

If I'd live right around the corner I'd be all over it - one day, I'll definetly own a Digit - but I guess it won't make it to Switzerland ;)

--
Carl
Carl

1989 TRD "Entreprise" Turbo Diesel
1989 16 Valve
---
Parts needed:
- One black leather headrest.
- FDV overhaul kit (95.669.034)
Please contact me through PN if you have any of this.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

I stand corrected on the rear wings, sadly it would seem that prnet/citroen service only covers later series 2 BXs (although it does not state this anywhere, but searching for series 1 specific parts such as dash panel, front wings, and even the suitcase engine draws a blank).

Perhaps someone with a series 1 vin could try and log in and see what happens?
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I have already tried Jonathan when I was after parts for the GT, they dont list any Mk1 specific bits. the local citroen dealer dont either.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Swines!

Does a copy of the microfiche part list scanned to pdf exist?

If not then I am 95% sure that I have multiple copies of the microfiche for the mark 1 BX, so would be happy to either provide part numbers (with which some parts will be still available) or alternatively pass the films to anyone who has the time, patience and knowledge to scan them.

Would have just looked at it re. the wings, but it isn't currently to hand, although I will pick it up when I'm back in Durham next week.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

I've just been studying photos of MK1 and MK2 BX's, and unless you knew there was a difference, you'd be hard pushed to tell there's a difference in the rear wings wouldn't you! The only obvious difference is the presence of the plastic leading edge on the MK2, and its not until you look much harder that you realise the very slight additional flare of the MK2 arches. Can't be more than 10mm extra wheel space over the MK1 (which would make sense, as a MK1 will accommodate 165's, whereas a MK2 will accommodate 185's, with 195's being a very very tight fit.)

So yes. Definitely after a pair of MK1 rear wings. If anyone should happen to hear of a MK1 being scrapped, I'll be there with a spot-weld drill to have its rear wings off!