Are we done for 2008?

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Are we done for 2008?

Post by Tim Leech »

Anymore planned get togethers for this year?, as the Straford rally was a bit thin on the ground of some of the club regulars (Phil, Doc etc) any ideas of an informal meeting? The CCC beardies have a few meetings but I imagine they are probably best avoided! As you imagine theres no BXs on the club stand at the NEC either.

Otherwise its 9 months and a bit to the National again.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I shant be attending next years national on principle.

Although I've said for ages the BXC should have it's own meeting anyway.

If we could find a suitable weekend where many members could manage a get together, maybe a pre xmas do and dinner kinda thing, that could be good?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Sounds good to me, I have offered the GT to the CCC for the stand at the NEC, as you imagine the response was polite but NO. Shame really as if it wasnt for ourbeloved hatchback Citroen would have gone bust! :roll:
M

Post by M »

Roverman wrote:I have offered the GT to the CCC for the stand at the NEC, as you imagine the response was polite but NO.

Its not a Traction Tim, will you be told, its not a Traction. The CCC wont want to know.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Indeed, anything built after 1970 is modern rubbish in the eyes of the SS, sorry CCC, and it wont change anytime soon.

Odd that the BX has several dedicated forums that are well used and world respected and yet the CCC's own forums are rather dead..

Since there will soon be a proper CX Club with a mag dedicated solely to the CX (I suspect more info can be gleened on www.cxclub.co.uk/forum )
maybe the timeis approaching when we should say bollocks tro the CCC and have a dedicated BXClub with mag and the such?

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

There is a CX on the stand this year strangely enough, which I imagine will be the lovely blue P plate one thats always there. Mr Excitement himself (Nigel Wild) is incharge of the shows etc so thats probably why.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Anyway I am up for a Autumn/Winter bx event? as the 2 CCC shows were both midlands area, so maybe something a bit further a field would be more fair?

I know where theres lots of space, and spares just outside of stroud lol 8)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I must say the snooty attitude of the CCC has alienated us. And we seem to be a pretty enthusiastic bunch regarding 'classic' Citroens anyway - just look at the number of references to GS/GSA's, CX's, Visas etc on this forum. I bet most of the CCC crowd could hardly bring themselves to say "BX"...

I would be really happy to support a BX meet around the same time... but of course it's all down to dates. But, given enough warning, I'm sure it can be arranged to suit most people.

Another big question would be 'where?'...

Obviously for Southern Softies the preferrence would be different to that of the Northern B****rds, but somewhere between, say Nottingham and Northampton, with the good road connections in that region, might be a good starting point for compromise. :?:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
M

Post by M »

How about the NEC at Brum? The CCS in November.

We can meet up and point at the CCC stand. I really should stop being so anti CCC, there are many nice CCC members, I met one once, twice actually. I think we should all go wearing BXC T-shirts.
Tecar
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Tecar »

There has been a BX on the CCC stand at the NEC before though. They had a rally theme, and had a BX 4TC on it (probably the last time I went to the show...about 2002 or 2003)
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Indeed they did, and a fine car it is too, but can you really see a 19RD or the such on a CCC stand?
No, nor me.
They even turn their noses up at 16valves, even though they'll eat a CX GTi Turbo 1.

I like Marty's idea, turn up in BXC regalia and rip the piss out of the old buggers at the NEC.
Although if Nigel is giving commentary then most people will be comatose anyways!

As for a BXC gathering, how about Mat Fenwicks place?
Loads more space than my little farm, and he did offer!

Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Here is a pic of what the Citroen nuts in the Alps get up to each winter.

The banners on the cars might be a good idea for the BXagone tour de France.

Personally I like all Citroens, so do not knock the CCC. But I like the BX best cos it is the best :idea:
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'm loving that GS! Best colour!

I was going to do a similar design for the BXagon Challenge (in the old 'Monte Carlo Rally' style, as these are) to stick on the cars. In fact I can feel a slight re-branding coming on!

Good call Jaba!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

OKidokey getting back on track so where is Mr Fenwicks place and when wer we thinking off? Probably best before it gets too cold for those with broken heater valves :D
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Great pic - do you have any more? Which rally is it? Ah, now I see: Ronde Hivernale. The GS reminds me of one of the two that competed in the Rallye du Neige et Glace 2008 ... yes, it is the same one - they finished 4th!

And the other GS won! :D

Mark.