MK1 BX's

Anything about BXs
tim leech

MK1 BX's

Post by tim leech »

Guys when was the last time you saw one??

Anyone out there got one that runs? First car I ever drove was a 16TRS auto 1985 C plate, I was 12 at the time, dig that eletcric strip tacho! 8)
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Last time I looked out the window. :lol: :lol: :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Cool Ken!

Send me some photos of it please! Alwasy wanted a bright red TRS auto with the optional alloys on it for some reason.

All dead now I expect.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I owned one and used it as a daily driver in September. Its still around the area I believe.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'm going to France again next yesr (I used to live there) and there are precious few around but I am hoping to negotiate the purchase of a BX Sport, from a guy in Agen!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

- still have a dark green (racing green ?) '85 project Mk1 in my workshop - dust has become a protective layer on it now :roll:
Both subframes removed so not that easy to move around :oops:
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

BX mk1 GT "DIGIT" parked outside. It still drives fairly well, but has no rent or ticket. It's a nice enough car, but I have plans to fit a MK2 front subframe for strength, and then a 1.9TD engine, which will make it a very nice car.
this might be a signature
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

If anyone has pictures of their Mk1s for the forum (especially the interior) I would like to see them! If i had storage I would buy one, but I dont, and as there getting old now they need to be cherished so they dont all disappear forever.

The fingertip controls and rotating speedo are fabulous!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

If anyone does here of a bright red (venetian??) TRS auto for sale let me know. I would be persuaded I think, was on the front page of the 1984 Brochure which I still have 20 years on!
alab
Confirmed BX'er

Post by alab »

There was a red petrol one in Exeter which I used to see regularly, don't know if it's still around as I moved away recently.
I learnt to drive in a C reg 19rd estate, a girlfriend a while later loved it, described it as a spaceship and I had to let her drive it regularly!
I would love another one, those switches.... :shock:
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Theres a Mk1 D-reg think its a TRS, just down the road from me, don't walk passed it that often and have never spotted the owner. Will double my efforts!
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

My mate sold one on ebay a while back - a silver C reg 14 Leader - to edridgecars. Dunno if he's still got it or if he broke it...

The indicator switch was sheared off by the previous owner... with an umbrella spike :shock:

Most of the dash lights didn't work and the stoplamps didn't come on under light braking... Otherwise it was quite a nice car!

Mark.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

One day when I have my 4 garage house I will get a Mk1! But I may be 60 by then and there would be none left! :cry:
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Had one round my place on Saturday, my mate Chris (new recruit) picked it up in Kent last week. C reg, dark metalic grey 1.6, think it's a TRS, one owner since new. Hopefully Chris aka 'gazpacho andulus' will login soon and tell you more, I know he's very proud of his 'new' BX :wink:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
gazpacho andulus
Confirmed BX'er

Post by gazpacho andulus »

Hi I'm Chris
I've just got a 1985 16RS silver grey. Same old fella had it from new and sadly he died Nov 2005.
His aged sister is a friend of my brother who knew I was in need and the rest is history.
It has 85000 on the clock and no mods and hasn't been mucked about with. a'n't I a lucky boy! M.O T' till Oct and tax 'till april.

Slight slip on the clutch is O.K if driven with gentle right foot.
now I'm listening. TZD Estate 1991