BXagon Team thread

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

BXagon Team thread

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hi

I thought I'd add this thread dedicated to news or information particularly pertinent to those actually taking part in the event.

Can I start by asking those who are intending to take part to return the entry form - partially filled is OK - with their entry fee of £20 per member. Some have already paid, and to those I say thanks!

The reason I need your entry fee is to fund the stickers and print outs I need. I am having a vinyl sticker proofed at the moment. A complete suite of BXagon car stickers will cost me about £18.00 plus VAT. I also need to know how many to order, so even if you can't pay the fee just yet, please let me know of your intention to participate.

TTFN
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Please visit The Philibusters

Kermit and I have our own web-presence now - hopefully I can work out how to get it linked to our domain name eventually!
kermit the frog
BXpert

Post by kermit the frog »

Hi Phil

Just used the link to our domain name and all is functioning correctly

Regards Kermit :) :) :)
ALAN S an oracle of knowledge sadly missed by us all RIP Mate
Green Hornet well I don't really know.GS project gone to pastures new
Blue Streak 1996(P) XANTIA VSX TD (130K.)
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Announcing a new team!

After much umm-ing and ahh-ing, my girlfriend and I have decided to form a team. Phil, entry form and payment will be with you soon.

The team vehicle will be my TZD Turbo Estate. It's tried and tested and I have no qualms about driving it 2500 miles in 12 days.

As an added sponsorship opportunity, C will be soliciting sponsorship for passing her driving test before the event! If she doesn't manage it I'll be sole driver, but I'm not worried about that.

I'll be advertising for sponsorship mostly through Surrey Police officers and staff, the Morris dancing community, and my Facebook friends.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Fantastic news!!! Well done. Please PM me your preferred e-mail address for BXagon updates...
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Best use the one on my Email Me button. Oh, I'll add relevant links to my blog too.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

OK. Got a Team Name?
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Cool, glad to hear that we have another team!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
kermit the frog
BXpert

Post by kermit the frog »

Sorry i am a bit behind on this thread. :oops:

WELCOME Stuart to the BXAGON club the more the merrier.
Hopefully this will spur on some more teams in the new year.
It is going to be a fantastic adventure and something i am sure we will all remember for a very long time.
Good luck to your other half on her driving test hope all goes well.
My future daughter in law passed her test yesterday 1st time.

Have a good Christmas and a great new year.
TO ALL BXAGONERS.

Regards Kermit ( Phil 2 in Philibusters) :) :) :)
ALAN S an oracle of knowledge sadly missed by us all RIP Mate
Green Hornet well I don't really know.GS project gone to pastures new
Blue Streak 1996(P) XANTIA VSX TD (130K.)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Think the BXagon might be tough on a BX - what about this?:

http://www.plymouth-banjul.co.uk

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Team Logos: I am happy to design team logos so if you have a name - let me at it!
chriscarterstevens
BXpert

bxagon voulenteer

Post by chriscarterstevens »

hi all

does anybody need a versatile team member to accompany them as i cannot commit to sorting few things on my vehicle prior to the event date but am interested in taking part and raising money for a very worthy cause, as several family/friends have been affected by cancer.

if anybody has any ideas/suggestions just let me know

thanks chaps
Cartman

1985 BX 19 GT
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I have booked the Philibusters' crossing on EuroTunnel using Tesco's vouchers. The times I've booked are 17th October Folkstone>Calais 16:50 and returning on the 30th October at 11:50. This cost £110 all in. Obviously the longer you leave it the more it'll end up costing, so book early if you can - and if you are definitely coming I'd seriously think about it soon. (Even if you did book and maybe a few weeks down the line discovered you couldn't do it, I'm sure there could be some sort of 'unofficial exchange' made...).

I assume some will want to travel to Calais by different means, but the same principle applies: Book early. Save money.
Note Speedferries are now out of business so the cheap crossings that were available (actually they went to Boulogne) are no more.

Same goes with Hotels. Watch this space for the definitive Hotel and Camping options listing courtesy of Me and Mat...

Regarding the crossings it raises the point of when/where do we all meet up and what happens at the end?

My current plan involves talking to the Holiday Inn at Folkstone (as it's off the M20/A20 access to both Folkstone and Dover is good) and conduct final briefing/ 'scrutineering' in their car park, between 10:30 am and 3:30 pm. It would be nice if as many as possible crossed together. Late-comers can have their cars' mileages/documentation etc. checked in Calais on the 18th.

Although there's lots that can change this for individual teams, the intention is that the Start takes place from the car park of the Calais Car Ferry Ibis Hotel ( http://www.holidaycityeurope.com/ibis-c ... /index.htm ) between 9:30 and 10:30 am on Sunday 18th.

As for the finish, those who have 'made it' (all I hope!) will trickle into the car park at the Calais Car Ferry Ibis Hotel during the course of the afternoon of Thursday 29th October. There will be dinner and drinks at the Hotel for the official 'closing ceremony' lol - and from the morning of Friday 30th teams can start to make their way back...

Regards

Phil

PS Some may ask about whether we can get discounts. Unless we were doing a big group crossing there and back it isn't going to happen. I am however, working towards getting 'Event Sponsorship' from EuroTunnel and others in the form of direct donations to the charity. If that fails, direct Team donations.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

What if someone wants to do it - except they don't have a BX and they can't find a ride?

There is, in particular, a cheap T&T TZD Turbo estate going... (for instance), would anyone, I wonder, be willing to take shares in such a car - either at purchase time or in repairing (as necessary), fettling and preparing the car - so that it could be ready for the Challenge. The only proviso being that it is either bought by someone in the club in exchange for a donation to the charity, or sold on the 'Bay for charity...

Obviously Tax cost, MOT cost and insurance/running is an expense to be met by the prospective participant.
Charlotte
BXpert

Post by Charlotte »

OK - there WILL be a team Medway Citroen.

So far - the team is me, and the BX. Naturally I'll need a co-driver or driver's mate if I'm feeling amazing. None of my friends have yet come round to the idea so if there are any people who want to participate but are team-less let me know.

Shall be sending off the form and money as soon as a team is finalised :D

Also - I can take a TZD or my trusty 14, which is easier to work on. Any advice?
Bride of Stinkwheel
http://weaselsemark.carbonmade.com

Citroen BX St Tropez
Still not over H592 AGW "Hugo" TZD Turbo