Small Cheveron Wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
M

Small Cheveron Wanted

Post by M »

Further to todays update you will see that I am indeed looking for something lemon flavoured and have been thinking along the lines of the following:

LNA
Visa
AX
Saxo (wash my mouth out with beer and dimps)

Or possibly even a Citroen Axe (sort of a Visa type thing IIRC).

Please Discuss...
RichardW
BXpert

Post by RichardW »

LNA: No chance - difficult to find even 15 years ago!
VISA: Unlikely - most have turned to dust. Having said that, there was a nice looking B reg on ebay a few weeks back.
AX: with your frame???? although didn't you have one of these once?
Saxo: The only realistic choice from availability point of view. But then your frame might not fit in that either - and most have been severely chavved, or are asthmatic 1.1 jobbies.

X****as are cheap as chips these days..... :evil:

Isn't someome selling a half decent sounding BX TZD at the moment :wink:
I NEED a BX TD.
M

Post by M »

Hi Richard, for what I want something small will be fine, my AX was OK for short distance work, but was unpleasant to drive due to eating CV joints, leaking diesel everywhere and crabbing due to a poor repair of the front end, oh did I mention the heater bodge???

Just bid on This - but dont expect to win it Keener listeners will realise that whilst its small, its not lemon flavoured.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

If you can wait a couple of months I'll have the 106 diesel going (a Saxo with higher quality trim and better speakers, plus hydraulic bonnet lifters)....big plans and changes are coming in the next few months!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

M wrote:Just bid on This - but dont expect to win it Keener listeners will realise that whilst its small, its not lemon flavoured.
Who cares if it's not lemon flavoured? That's probably one of the coolest cars on eBay and a million time better than any Saxo or the like.
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

cavmad wrote:
M wrote:Just bid on This - but dont expect to win it Keener listeners will realise that whilst its small, its not lemon flavoured.
Who cares if it's not lemon flavoured? That's probably one of the coolest cars on eBay and a million time better than any Saxo or the like.
You jest? :lol: Cool yes (in fact I quite fancy one myself), but it'll do about 25mpg and rust. Lots.

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Unlike a Saxo which will do 40mpg and rust. Lots. :lol:
I honestly would far rather own an Imp than almost any modern small car, at least they have a bit of character.
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

cavmad wrote:Unlike a Saxo which will do 40mpg and rust. Lots. :lol:
I honestly would far rather own an Imp than almost any modern small car, at least they have a bit of character.
Rust?? Think you're confusing that thin layer of traffic film on the bodywork with corrosion matey :lol:

I agree the Imp (I'd prefer a Stiletto) is an interesting car, and probably is more fun to own than a modern small car. But a Saxo isn't a modern small car....it's old. It ages back to the days when Citroen fitted torsion beam suspension on the rear of their little cheap cars 8)

I'm not being picky, peple have their opinions. It's just the Saxo is probably the most unfairly picked on car around these days. The Nova went through it in the 90's, and save for a lack of character they weren't bad cars either.
Go on any Corsa/Fiesta/VW forum these days and the Saxo word is code to let rip into a vehicle the rippers know nothing about. Aside from the fact they're probably a better all rounder than the previously mentioned cars (unless motorways in little cars is what you want....fiesta's are pretty good for that), my main gripe with it is that Saxo's get so much abuse purely because of numerous scrotey chavs who buy them and stick tacky tribal tattoo type bollocks on them.

Fact is.....the fastest Saxo is as fast as the fastest BX (in the real world, not a drag strip) the most economical Saxo is more economical than the most ecnomical BX, the Saxo is easier to work on than the most simple of all BX's, they go wrong less than BX's and lastly.....they really don't rust! Not unless someone has eaten all the underseal.

So why, I hear you ask (I know no one is, but I'm not gonna start caring what people think now!) do I own a BX not a Saxo? Well.....the BX sits off the road for most of the month and comes out when I miss it. A Saxo and a 106 (identical aside from aformentioned speakers) ferry us on day to day business without fuss, drama or without breaking the bank, thanks largely to a 40mpg & 50mpg average.

Now I bet an Imp wouldn't do that :lol:

M....(interesting name)....get a Paxo. AX's are more fun yes, but they have started rusting. LNA's...they're a bit shite, lets be honest. Visa's....they only seem to do 31mpg.

Saxo's....loads around, they don't rust, they're cheap and most of all....everyone will hate you. Brilliant! :D

jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Perhaps the roads in the Northeast are more heavily salted, but I have seen many Saxo's suffering from heavy rust on the underside (even with the upper bodywork immaculate).

Problem areas are front and rear inner wings, front chassis legs and rear subframe mountings.

IMHO they rust just as much as and AX structurally, it is just less obvious as the outer bodywork tends to stand up well (after all, it is only an AX in drag...)
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It's a very good point about the Saxo being 'picked on' and as you rightly said the Nova had the same fate. Perhaps to a small extent you could see why: at one time it looked the majority of Novas had snow plough bumpers, wank bodykits, 3 million piece Meccano rear spoilers and neons galore and the majority of Saxos had huge wheels and neons! Now though it's gone the other way and less is more. Most Novas seem far more subtle and have red tops etc in them and there's a Saxo locally that's been lowered on matt black wheels that just looks perfect because it's not overdone. The Saxos don't seem to rot like Novas did but they can certainly have a good go. A mate bought one without looking at it properly and the boot floor was virtually non-existant. They'll have their day again though like the Nova is now and it's all for the good in my opinion. I'll look forward to seeing them (Novas, Corsas and Saxos) at car shows in the future being driven by enthusiasts not spotty 17 year olds with no taste.
I still want an Imp at some point and some older cars are fine with everyday use. My Chevette auto was great fun, reliable, easy to drive and no bother at all as long as you didn't want to overtake anyone that is!
Vauxhall apologist.