G.I - Full leather interior

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

G.I - Full leather interior

Post by Kitch »

I'm toying with the idea of selling the leather interior from my BX. I need to raise some cash and have toyed with the idea of refitting the original Monza interior to it as the leather is kinda going to waste seeing as the car isn't used much.

Thats the most recent pic. The doorcards are complete with it as are all the bolsters etc. It's in very good nick, with only a very small tear down in the bit between the cushion and the back rest....got quoted £40 to put it right, as the leather itself isn't torn....its the vinyl on the side panels which meets the leather that has come unstitched. It's very small however. Theres also a small patch on the O/S right bolster, which can just about be seen in the pic.

I paid just under £200 for it a few years ago when they were really thin on the ground and I longed for the smell of leather in a BX! Now, they're even rarer but we also seem to have talked ourselves into a recession, so I'm open to offers from any interested parties.

It just brings something special to the interior of the car....sadly I need funds! The TVR is currently worth zero, the Xsara is not shifting right now and the Speedline Turini alloys I'm selling aren't getting any bites either! :(

If anyones interested you're more than welcome to come see it first.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

PM sent... :)

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Ascot Valver

Post by Ascot Valver »

:D :D
Hello there "KITCH" i have'nt got a code name so Simon will do - well suppose Foxtrot One may do - just bought Phil Chidlows' 16v, which is an excellent motor - via another chap - well saved it from use as a Herbatious Border outside a school once de-mossed !!!...long story !!! - however was looking for leather interior and phil put me onto yourself - The Le Mans interior in mine is alittle well loud but ok for its time (thanks phil) so much so that i can't hear the Engine over it...he..he!!

My car is in Ascot - what would u be looking for to sell the interior on ? would 100.00 cash do ?

Krgds

Simon Wolfe
Foxtrot One !
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

I probably would have been interested, but it looks like you've already had a couple of firm offers... Anyway, I'm convinced the Le Mans interior in mine is one of the best around, so I'm not in a massive rush to get rid of it.

Still, leather in a 14TGE, how ridiculous would that be :lol:
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

For those with A/C I reckon, a nice bit of levver (Mat?). I think climbing out on a hot day wearing shorts would leave half your legs on the seat! :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Ascot Valver

Post by Ascot Valver »

Take it 100.00 is not on your radar...no probs will make do with the Le Mans and a very loud Bose System to drown it out........seriously is nice the Le Mans but not Levver !!!!!!

- suppose could transfer the black leather seats out of the SM into the 16v and vice versa...??? No that would raise too many eyebrows i SMantics section of the CCC.... :?
Foxtrot One !
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

I've only just logged back on! :lol:

£100 isn't enough I'm afraid. As I've said to Mat, I need the money but I'm not gonna mug them away. Does your car definately have the Le Mans interior? The one with the black/red striping as opposed to black and grey diagonal striping?

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I can testify that it does Kitch (it's my old 16v). It was (and still is apparently) in very good condition.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Ah righty. I was hoping he had the Monza and Le Mans confused (as is fairly common), but it's the Monza I'd want to switch back to. ah well.

Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Sold to the M to the A to the T and so forth!

Now to collect the Hurricane interior from Bandit and get the Monza back in the valver. But first, pay off some debt! :(

Ascot Valver

Post by Ascot Valver »

:D Hi Kitch gald u sold the Leather.......Le Mans is growing on me unlike the Mother-In-law....

Yes Mr Chidlow you 16v is in very good condition - been waxing her this weekend will stick some pictures up now am back in Blighty
Foxtrot One !