Hatchback rear seat in an estate?

BX Tech talk
mat_fenwick

Hatchback rear seat in an estate?

Post by mat_fenwick »

Does anyone know if there are differences between the seats? I.e. could I fit the rear seat(s) from a hatch into my estate, and still be able to use the parcel shelf etc?
I'm not too bothered about the split rear seat if it was only the estate that came with it. I vaguely remember the subject coming up before, but can't remember the answer, and the search I put in brought up about 3000 matches...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

The seats are exactley the same mate.
So long as whatever rear seat you fir has the same type of attachments for the parcel shelf the shelf will work fine.
The main differences are that one style clips into the seat back itself (one clip either side), and the other type just rests on two plastic landings on the seats and pivot on the poxy plastic clips either side of the shelf itself.
But in essence, the actual seats are the same for estate or hatch.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

The estate seats back section also has the built in rubbing strips to prevent damage from the load when the seats are down.
I think they are a better bet.
But I have never found a way of removing them non destructively to fit onto a hatch rear.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Cheers guys, I'm not too worried about the minor differences - I'm sure I can adapt the parcel shelf clips if needs be... It would be worth it to get leather! 8)

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad