Feeling like a Spare Part II

Anything about BXs
toddao
BXpat

Feeling like a Spare Part II

Post by toddao »

I now quite enjoy going to the Ferrari/Maserati/Bentley/Lamborghini dealership in the next town. Not that I'm in the market for any such tin, but, as I mentioned here before, he started out as a tractor and Citroen dealer in the 50s ( before he moved on to such exotica) and still sells Citroens and parts as a side line. When you go in the door you have to negotiate this

then go round the back to the Citroen parts room. I had to move my humble BX because it was in the way of a car transporter off-loading some brand new Ferraris just arrived from Italy.

All the parts guys are very friendly ( don't think they can afford such tin either!) and I walked back across the salesroom floor with my €15 worth of BX bits in a nice little Ferrari bag! :D

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

You could probably sell that bag to some mug on eBay Todd! Got any more pictures of the receptionist by the way, from the side view I reckon she's worth a test drive? :D
Vauxhall apologist.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Billy requested
Got any more pictures of the receptionist by the way
There's normally two of them and as you can guess they don't hire them for their brains - they're very well presented you might say.

Next time I go there to get a gasket I'll ask them to pose for the BX Club : yeah, luv would you mind draping yourself over that red one there.

It's a weird experience walking in there. I can't believe he's still handling Citroens! And I reckon I must be the only customer who doesn't have a perma tan that Ferrari owners seem to have as standard!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Even thought they do ferraris mostly I imagine they are far more useful than my local main dealer who YET AGAIN got the parts wrong, even though I gave them the chassis no, the parts man thinking that a BX16V is a diesel and supplied me with a cambelt tensioner for one instead of the two I need for the valver for monday :roll: He promises they will be here for monday, this was at 4:40pm today (friday), YEH RIGHT! :evil:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Roverman wrote:Even thought they do ferraris mostly I imagine they are far more useful than my local main dealer who YET AGAIN got the parts wrong, even though I gave them the chassis no, the parts man thinking that a BX16V is a diesel and supplied me with a cambelt tensioner for one instead of the two I need for the valver for monday :roll: He promises they will be here for monday, this was at 4:40pm today (friday), YEH RIGHT! :evil:
Chassis number doesn't do much for BX's....they're older than the records of chassis numbers on parts databases. I think 1994/95 is the oldest cars than go into the system.
I used to punch my number in and it knew it was a BX but couldn't narrow down the parts specifically. Not like a later C3 or something, where it knows which variation of aircon compressor was fitted from the factory.

With a BX, you need parts men who are actual parts men, not just order-takers. They're a bit thin on the ground now, so your best bet is to look it up yourself before you get home, take the thing to bits and then lose your rag! :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)