What's it worth?

Anything about BXs
toddao
BXpat

What's it worth?

Post by toddao »

1991 16v with 17 months TüV ( Mot) remaining
195000kms ( 121000 miles)
No history of cam-belt change but he reckons it was done at 156,000 when engine was swapped (?).( Would have to be changed)
Body has various small 'dings', completely de-badged. No visable rust.
Non-working A/C ( he claims it's the compressor?)
Catalyser is stuffed but Zantia model comes with car and needs to be welded in (?)
Starter also stuffed but spare comes with car
Doesn't have those alloys as in the picture but various mis-matched Zantia cast-offs. Original alloys gone.
Runs well, doesn't smoke, gears go in and out but hasn't been tested on the road as has no number plates.
The guy's got a price and he won't budge though there's an economic crisis here too! :D I know Uk and Germany are different but what's the feeling on this price wise?

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Well if it was a UK car being a cat equipped maybe £400-500 tops? depends on how good it really is. I know in germany they fetch quite a bit more. You would need it owing you about £800GBP done, ie cat and wheels if it was over here.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Tim wrote
Well if it was a UK car being a cat equipped maybe £400-500 tops?
Are Cat equipped 16v's cheaper in Uk then? Here it's the opposite owing to the high taxation.
Your valuation Tim is about what I would have thought too. But A/C 16v's are particularly rare here even if the thing's bust!
Todd

Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Yes the cat over here is seen as a disadvantage as the car is noticeably slower with about a 10% power loss, my own car has a/c but the compressor on that doesnt work either but wasnt really any more valuable. If it worked maybe, plus the ac makes it heavier and saps the power, althought mine has been removed.
Last edited by Tim Leech on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I know that A/C is generally a right headache to get going - hence the reason that so many systems in BXs don't work.

The seller wants €999 for this car. He's a young guy who works in a local Citroen dealer and didn't know what he was getting himself in for buying this car. He paid €900 last September and bought a new battery thus the price or his reasoning anyway.

I told him I thought it was too much but he's going to hold on.. let's see.
Todd

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Seems too high to me, with all that work - and no proper wheels FFS.

Why do people de-badge cars? Never really figured that on out. :roll:

And the tiled roof box does it no favours at all... :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

Philip Chidlow wrote: Why do people de-badge cars? Never really figured that on out. :roll:
Not in the case of a Valver, no, I don't either but generally it was all to do with "sleepers" or "Q Cars" originally, ordinary plain cars that gave no hint of anything and guaranteed to give you a surprise. Bit like an Activa really, that's very understated in it's badging and identity. If I had a Valver, I'd want to shout it from the rooftops.

My break was debadged on the tailgate so that a decal could be applied; it's an ex-company car. I have the badges but never yet got roundtuit..
toddao wrote:Catalyser is stuffed but Zantia model comes with car and needs to be welded in (?)
Todd !=!! The model of Citroen that came after the BX and before the C5 is spelt with an X, not a Z. Us Xantia owners get quite :twisted: when we see the objects of our undying affection being spelt with a Z :lol:
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

You dont want to see how I spell it then Jim!!! :lol:

Too much money Todd.
Way too much.
DFW's are wank really, they took a really great engine, arsed around with the camming and stuffed a cat on it. Shite idea.

The A/C on the valver was a tad clever mind, it cut out at >80% throttle or >80% revs to give it the full beans without the compressor sapping any juice to the wheels.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Car's worth £400 tops.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)