Interesting BX Break project

Anything about BXs
toddao
BXpat

Interesting BX Break project

Post by toddao »

I found this on the Interweb. I've tried to contact the bloke but heard nothing yet - I think he's Dutch. I was going to invite him along to the Club. He's putting a V6 24v from a Zantia ( sorry Xim er Jim!) into a BX Break.Has this been done before? The picture with the body skirts is his photoshopped 'artists impression' of where he wants to end up I suppose.

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Shitting hell! :shock:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

The ES9J4 engine has been shoehorned into a number of smaller PSA cars, so to fit one to a BX kinda makes sense.

I expect that to be an utter riot once it's on the road.
this might be a signature
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Re: Interesting BX Break project

Post by CitroXim »

toddao wrote:Zantia ( sorry Xim er Jim!)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Somehow Xim suits me as a hardened Xantia fanatic Todd...

Maybe I should change my username to CitroXim ...

A V6 in a BX. Ye gads :shock: :P It must be a rocket. Any word on what gearbox it's connected to? A BE3 would look like the end result of one of those "Will it blend?" experiments on the end of a V6 :lol: Heck, they manage to see off the autobox in 100K or so with very little trouble...

Speaking of the V6... If my cunning plans all come together, I hope to soon be acquiring one as a long-term project :D

I'll have almost the full set then... Although one oy my stable will have to go to make room. It'll be the 1.9TD as both my 2.1 and Activa are keepers
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Depends if he's gone the route of Auto or Manual. Although the Xantia V6 was (I believe) only available as an auto, the Pug 406 V6 (same engine) was available with a manual box, so that could be a possibility.
this might be a signature
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

It'll be interesting to see where he puts the rad!

Dang though, I was going to do something along tose lines..

I really will have to find a T16 engine now wont I...

Interesting project for sure though, utter lunacy, in a break aswell.
I think if it were mine I'd leave it looking totally standard on the outside, that would make an ace Q car!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I've seen the vids of the engine put in a ZX on youtube, but IIRC the engine bay in a ZX is actually longer than a BX. Although someone did put it in a 205 I believe?

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the same bloke with the disabled high top red estate who a few years ago put a valver lump in, then when and hooligan'd it in the snow :lol:

The Xantia V6 was available with a manual box, but alas only abroad. In France, the Activa got the engine it deserved but we had the underpower over thirsty CT thing that mine had. Think it's because the steering wouldn't fit round the V6 on RHD cars or something like that.
Believe they used the same ML5T gearbox as the CT though. Great gearbox compared to a BE, but very heavy and big.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

A V6 in a 205 :o Now that just silly but I can believe it. Some Dutch blokes seem to do this regularly. Once they put a 2.2HDi in a 205. In fact I reckon the 205 has been home to every engine PSA have ever made :D
Kitch wrote: The Xantia V6 was available with a manual box, but alas only abroad. In France, the Activa got the engine it deserved but we had the underpower over thirsty CT thing that mine had. Think it's because the steering wouldn't fit round the V6 on RHD cars or something like that.
Believe they used the same ML5T gearbox as the CT though. Great gearbox compared to a BE, but very heavy and big.
That's the accepted line of thinking Kitch but it does not stand up to much scrutiny as the RHD V6 demonstrates. Mind you, it has a unique steering rack and HP pump. Use a normal HP pump on a V6 and it'll blow the rack to bits (or vice versa :? ).

There have been a few RHD V6 Activas created so it could have been had the will been there. Seems Citroen just didn't think we were worthy or something :cry: LHD Activas were variously available with the 2.0i 16V (XU10J4RS?), the 2.1TD and the 110 HDi as well as the V6 and Turbo CT. Indeed the V6 is more economical...

Just imagine an Activa with a Valver engine in it 8)

The ML5 is a great box but only in MK1 guise. On the MK2 Xants they changed the cable arrangements to something simpler and it was never quite so good or as sharp as the MK1. The only upside is that MK2 cable sets are considerably cheaper than MK1 sets and they're eyewateringly expensive :twisted:

I now have to ponder with my V6 about the gearbox. Do I fix the autobox or convert it to manual with an ML5... A bit of me wants to retain the autobox as it is knocking on 17 years since I last drove an auto...
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...