Wanted - decent turbo diesel in the Southern half of the UK!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
SamWise
BXpert

Wanted - decent turbo diesel in the Southern half of the UK!

Post by SamWise »

I'm looking for a decent BX to replace an AX diesel that I'm sick and tired of (too small for 5 hour journeys which are normal for me). Most of those for sale here seem to be in Sheffield or further! I'm watching one on eBay, but it'll likely go higher than my meager £400 budget. Can anyone help? I'd consider a TD Xantia or a 2.1 XM as alternatives, if I can't find a BX - I have two weeks on the MOT of my AX, which may end up bein expensive to ticket, so I'm in a minor hurry. Can anyone help?
1966 Triumph Herald convertible with big valve twin carb Spitfire head

1973 Bedford Panorama Elite II Bus

1994 2.1TD Citroen XM

1992 Citroen AX Echo 1.4D
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

If you can pull a bit more together I've got a Xsara TD I'll need to be shifting in the next couple of weeks
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
SamWise
BXpert

Post by SamWise »

Thankyou, but I can't actually go any higher, and I really want hydraulic. If I do decide to go non-hydraulic it'll probably be for a ZX because A) they're cheaper and b) I like older.

1994 2.1TD Citroen XM

MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Erm, i dont think £400 will buy you a fully sorted BX, only if its been owned by one of our more mechanically minded members, & i doubt any would be for sale. Good luck with your search though.
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
SamWise
BXpert

Post by SamWise »

Fingers crossed, eh! I've got an appointment to view a promising specimen tomorrow.

1994 2.1TD Citroen XM

DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Towards the end of last year I spotted a local BX in need of a little tlc, but which appeared sound when I gave it a brief external examination. It's a red TZD estate with an aftermarket pop-up sunroof, and "local" is South Hampshire. I was told the owner ran it during winter, then laid it up in the summer before going off to work in the Med.

I was later contacted by the owner who said he was planning to put it on sale about now. Would you like me to find out if it's still available?
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
SamWise
BXpert

Post by SamWise »

I would ask you to do just that, except for the fact that I've just bought exactly that car for £345! That is unless there is another that matches all those things in Fareham..... Thankyou though, that was an eagle eye for exactly what I wanted.

It looks very sound, no rust, but a little hint of bubbling inside the left rear door in the usual spot, interior is spotless, all the electrics work. It has a little ding on the right front wheelarch, but nothing that will worry me, and it's missing one wheeltrim.

Also on the plus side, it start smokeless, runs well, and I've no doubt would do me a year without me doing a thing to it. On the downside, it's gutless at the bottom end, where I was expecting plenty of torque. Away from a standstill it's no quicker than my 1.4D AX, but when you hit about 3000 revs, it gives you a real shove in the back and goes like a rocket. Something amiss there, I'd say. It also rides a little harsh; not strup-top threateningly, but enough like a normal car that I'd say spheres and perhaps a hydraflush are in order.

For the money, if nothing else it'll do the job, which is to run me up and down motorways over great distances in comfort for not much fuel. If I can get it sorted and pulling like it should, it might be a keeper (I'm working on a CX familale for the wife, which would have put the XM back in my hands, but maybe I'll keep all 3!).

1994 2.1TD Citroen XM

docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

DLM wrote:Towards the end of last year I spotted a local BX in need of a little tlc, but which appeared sound when I gave it a brief external examination. It's a red TZD estate with an aftermarket pop-up sunroof, and "local" is South Hampshire. I was told the owner ran it during winter, then laid it up in the summer before going off to work in the Med.

I was later contacted by the owner who said he was planning to put it on sale about now. Would you like me to find out if it's still available?
On the slimmest of off chances Sam's bought a different car I may well be interested!
Although buggeration springs to mind here.
althoguh if anyone does hear of a decent TZD Turbo break going I'm all ears.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d

Post by DLM »

I would ask you to do just that, except for the fact that I've just bought exactly that car for £345! That is unless there is another that matches all those things in Fareham..... Thankyou though, that was an eagle eye for exactly what I wanted.
I'd say it's extremely likely to be the same: the car I spotted was in Gosport and seem to remember it had a missing wheeltrim. The most distinctibve thing was the aftermarket pop-up sunroof, which is something I've only ever see on one other BX estate (a 16RS estate I owned mamny moons ago).

It would be K-reg, last MOT'd round about October-time, would probably be wearing budget tyres, and have a rear left wing in need of T-cutting.

I'll send a text anyway (that's the way the owner contacted me after I left my number with someone who knew him).

I probably have a spare wheeltrim (flat disc type) but will check..... (FOC for collection or postal charge only if I do have it, should you be interested).
DLM
Our Trim Guru

Post by DLM »

I thought the estates weren't your favourite BXs, Doc - unless it's with BXagonning in mind.....

Hope you're well. Will check it out...
SamWise
BXpert

Post by SamWise »

DLM wrote:
I'd say it's extremely likely to be the same: the car I spotted was in Gosport and seem to remember it had a missing wheeltrim. The most distinctibve thing was the aftermarket pop-up sunroof, which is something I've only ever see on one other BX estate (a 16RS estate I owned mamny moons ago).

It would be K-reg, last MOT'd round about October-time, would probably be wearing budget tyres, and have a rear left wing in need of T-cutting.

I'll send a text anyway (that's the way the owner contacted me after I left my number with someone who knew him).

I probably have a spare wheeltrim (flat disc type) but will check..... (FOC for collection or postal charge only if I do have it, should you be interested).
That's the one - the pop up sunroof is there, I didn't notice the need for t-cut, but yes, MOT'ed til end October. I would love the wheeltrim - where would I need to go to pick it up?

1994 2.1TD Citroen XM

DLM
Our Trim Guru

Post by DLM »

The 2nd PM will have the info you need.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

DLM wrote:I'd say it's extremely likely to be the same...The most distinctibve thing was the aftermarket pop-up sunroof, which is something I've only ever see on one other BX estate (a 16RS estate I owned many moons ago).
Mine has an aftermarket sunroof too. Really wish it didn't, but at least it doesn't seem to leak. At least not at the moment...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

DLM wrote:
I thought the estates weren't your favourite BXs, Doc - unless it's with BXagonning in mind.....

Hope you're well. Will check it out...
They aint mate! It's not for me!

Was good to speak earlier, must catch up properly soon!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
SILVER SLIPPER 11
Confirmed BX'er

SELLING

Post by SILVER SLIPPER 11 »

HI JUST PUTTING MY BX UP FOR SALE ON EBAY IAM IN THE MIDLANDS HAVE A LOOK TXD TURBO DONT NO HOW TO PICS ON HERE CHEERS MARK