Front Strut return pipes

BX Tech talk
Alastair
BXpert

Front Strut return pipes

Post by Alastair »

Have I read somewhere that GSF do the front strut (flexi) return pipes? Or are they main dealer only?
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

I bought some from GSF last month, but I believe that they are pattern parts, and will not last as long as the originals...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Alastair
BXpert

Post by Alastair »

I had a feeling they did but my local GSF said no!! So I got gen anyway...not that they were expensive its just GSF happened to be more convienent!
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

jonathan_dyane wrote:I bought some from GSF last month, but I believe that they are pattern parts, and will not last as long as the originals...
Tis true! I think euro car parts do both and AEP probably do them although their online stock seems to be shrinking!
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Alastair
BXpert

Post by Alastair »

I will investigate Euro tomorrow...I deal with them almost daily at work.
Alastair
BXpert

Post by Alastair »

I pressed the chap at Euroarparts this morning and yes they do them. They had 57 in stock at their Wembley branch, so I thought I best have two for "stock" so to speak. He did take some persuasion to look tho!
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Look up the part numbers (or numbers) that you're interested in on GSF's website beforehand - and help to establish yourself as a serious potential customer.
N43400 RETURN PIPE BX FRONT STRUT RETURN PIPE-COPY 6.30 Add

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N43402 RETURN PIPE CLIP BX FRT STRUT RETURN PIPE CLIP 5.10 Add
Then you also know in advance that the pipe IS a copy - which is a shame as I'm sure the original used to be available.

Admittedly it's a bit hit and miss as the only searchable text appears to be the text shown immediately after the part number, so it won't come up unless you type in "pipe", "return" or both.

Use the right sort of tool to get the clip off - a pair of carpenter's pincers or something similar. It's possible to make up the right thing - as shown on the archived Japanese BX site in the usual detail with measurements. Hopefully someone can indicate the address for the web archive - I can't consult an address on a set of favourites as I'm online in a library.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.