BX's FOR SALE and INDIVIDUAL PARTS (garage clearout)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
RxBX
Over 2k

BX's FOR SALE and INDIVIDUAL PARTS (garage clearout)

Post by RxBX »

I'd just like to say Hi to all you keen BXer's, as I just joined the Forum but I have been logging on the site now for many months (October 2008 when I went onto Broad-Band) .
I have found the forum site quite interesting and also a bit restraining for myself where I could have helped some of you guys out with info and in some case the parts to fix things !
I'll also try and go back to some of the recent posts where there was a info request or wanted item and nothing was offered up which I may/could have help out.
Basically I used to run a couple of Citreon BX diesels a while ago but I've moved on to XM's now (Approx. 7 years ago) I've always had a soft spot for the TZD's especially the Hurricane spec. but never managed to get my hands on one ! My first ever BX was a 'G' 17DTR turbo in 1993 (for runner to the TZD) which I had many happy year's of motoring with and sold that on when I got a extremely low mileage 'H' reg TZD off my friends wife, that I had for a few years then I emigrated on to 2.5 TD XM's.

The first BX which has been dry stored for approx. 4 years is under very serious threat of meeting its maker (7-10 days max.) was my first 'G' 17DTR turbo in Silver black interior which I got back from the guy I sold it to having sold it with approx.103k on the clock and the guy did approx. a further 40k and the cambelt broke causing the usual damage (The head has been removed). First £100 on collection secures.
I have a new head for it with an excellent Turbo which will be + £60 or will sell separately.

The second BX is a 19 TXD in White for spares or repair on a K plate with towbar and electrics, but has the con-rod or two visible thro' the engine block ( I've also taken the seats and door cards out of that out of that one as it was the plush velour type,which I still have but could be put back if some is interested as a project I've also taken the rad, starter motor and alternator off but would include if someone whats the whole lot. Again First £100 on collection or if it goes down the spares route the seats and door cards are £60 on collection.

The third BX is a 'G' 17 TGD in Black non PAS model and has a poorly engine when it last ran, smoked liked mad probably and has a cracked windscreen, so proably just suitable for spares but I can get £80 for it scrap on current scrap prices so I not that bothered !

It just a shame to scrap any of them after storing/keeping them for so long.

So be quick as all may meet their maker shortly!

Some of the individual bits are mainly body panels, doors, bonnets bumpers, hatchbacks / gas struts,
I.e. Estate hatchback in metallic gunmetal , White TZD front bumper with air dam (No fogs already gone), MK 1 front hatchback RD/DTR front and rear bumpers in grey plastic, 1 pair in as new condition and 1 pair very good. Mk1 front wings in light metallic blue, 1 pair as new 1 pair good (1 wing has slight dent on arch from what I can remember).
Set of plush thick black floor carpets, Black 3 spoke steering wheel,A new pedel/clutch box assy, rear ABS sensors. front and rear subframes (No radius arms already gone but I have plenty of arms with worn bearings if you need donor arms so that you can rebuild a pair prior to changing your current ones over), front struts and possibly some lower hub assy's.

I'll put together a more comprehensive parts list when I get the time as its the whole cars I need to shift first (and I need to get my tea now as I'm starving) so this should give you BXer's something to chew whilst I do that !

Bye for now !
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Welcome to the club!

Can I please have dibs on the three spoke steering wheel on behalf of Doc.
If the engine is for scrap can I please have the 1.7 n/a camshaft. Please let me know what you'd like beer token wise.
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

BX Bandit wrote: can I please have the 1.7 n/a camshaft
Aha, I like your thinking...might be an idea to grap the valve shims as well if you haven't already got a collection - they are a few quid each if you have to buy any different sizes.

Welcome to the club by the way!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Hi RxBX,

Just a quick plug. Have you been on Club Xm forum at all?

I might be interested in some bumpers but ideally would just like the stainless steel inserts as mine are bashed.

Thanks.
Dave.

2004 C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2hdi automatic.
1990 Bx TGS automatic.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

mat_fenwick wrote:
BX Bandit wrote: can I please have the 1.7 n/a camshaft
Aha, I like your thinking...might be an idea to grap the valve shims as well if you haven't already got a collection - they are a few quid each if you have to buy any different sizes.

Welcome to the club by the way!
Thank you for your warm welcome Matt :lol: Good idea! All depends if RXBX is splitting the lump!
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Hi DEMAG
I remember that request for S/S bumper inserts, I thought YES I have a spare set of those (for a Hatchback) not fitted to a bumper but on inspecting them I did notice that one of the four sections did have some slight damage I'll have a look in the morning and PM you !

Also YES DEMAG for the XM forum !

I go on XM Forum Nearly every night (Its almost like drinking a nice pint of real ale to chill out on !) and I've seen and read many of your postings which again I'll Quote for the XM site which I've as of yet not joined:-

"I have found the forum quite interesting and also a bit restraining for myself where I could have helped some of you guys out with info and in some case the parts to fix things ! "

Like pointing out to my brother (" On A Shoestring" ) where to get his replacement crankcase pulley (Check out the XM forum he mentions his brother, that's me !) and for example I know where I to get a 2.5 Serpentine belt for £15.30 (Gates Brand) as against £41 main-stealer !

But for the XM's I do not have so many spares as I need some of the parts to keep my daily Space ship alive thats been to the moon and back 5 times approx. 218K (2.5 VSX) but I'll save the best for when I join up on XM site (2.5 Exclusive in SILVER with ONLY 39k What a GEM and its all MINE!!!).

But DEMAG Remember the rules this is a BX forum site not the XM forum site (Thats just a polite reminder I'm not telling you off) !

Cheers for now I'll be touch via PM .

P.S. I've just realized it a lot easier JUST to read the Forums than to post !
RxBX
Over 2k

Re: BX's FOR SALE and INDIVIDUAL PARTS (garage clearout)

Post by RxBX »

Correction to above posting (If no one adds whilst writing this) Crankcase pulley should have read Crankshaft Pulley (Must check text prior to pressing Submit button in future) !
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi RBX, where abouts in derbyshire are you mate?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Interested potentially in the black carpet set... Can you PM me with an idea of price? Welcome aboard BTW. :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Shame about the 17TGD, must be getting rare now. Can you post any pictures up at all?
Vauxhall apologist.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Sorry have no time to do that @ moment !
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

If you get 5 minutes please pm me with them and/or I'll send you my e-mail address as I could host them for you if wanted? Cheers.
Vauxhall apologist.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

RxBX, whereabouts in lovely Derbyshire are you?
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Spondon Mulley, maybe we should sort out a bx minimeet? In wales this weekend picking up spheres and bumpers for the TRS though.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Might be interested in the TGD, though bit of a long shot. Are you assuming the engine is u/s because it smokes a bit or are there other (engine related) problems? Cheers.
Vauxhall apologist.