TZD bumper colour codes?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
citro-geoff
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Xantia VSX Estate-146K-1996 (The wifes car)
BX TZD Turbo-317K- Awaiting repair/donor car(broken subframe)
BX TZD Turbo-202K-project car ongoing
BX TZD Turbo-212k-One owner car rescued from being scrapped.
2CV Charleston-101K-One owner car awaiting restoration.
ZX Memphis-185K-Wifes daily driver.

TZD bumper colour codes?

Post by citro-geoff »

Does anyone have the colour code for the grey part of the late TZD Turbo bumper. The front of my car was backed into today,and it made a nasty mess of it.Fortunately,courtesy of RxBx I have sourced a new front bumper and will have to paint it.I have the red colour code,but not the Grey top part.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Geoff as far as I know the later two tone bumpers came like that with the grey textured part from the factory, my mate bought a set of new ones from the CCC national last year and the bottom half was in primer but the top was as it should be.

There are 3 types of front bumper on a Mk2 BX, standard all "textured" type , the fibreglass 16v type and the later TZS/D style which I imagine is what you mean, having a a "textured" top but otherwise smooth, you can sand down a textured type though as I have on a GTi a few years back so could do that, leave the top part and paint it in two bits.
citro-geoff
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Xantia VSX Estate-146K-1996 (The wifes car)
BX TZD Turbo-317K- Awaiting repair/donor car(broken subframe)
BX TZD Turbo-202K-project car ongoing
BX TZD Turbo-212k-One owner car rescued from being scrapped.
2CV Charleston-101K-One owner car awaiting restoration.
ZX Memphis-185K-Wifes daily driver.

TZD Front bumper colour code

Post by citro-geoff »

Hi Tim,thanks for the info. Mine is as you said,the colour is moulded into the top and the bottom half is sprayed the body colour. I think I will have to either get the correct one for it or colour code the complete bumper,which means I will have to spray the rear one too,all at extra cost.Such is life. I haven't got the bumper off yet to see how much the slam panel has been pushed back. The lights are still at the right height(almost) and the bonnet still catches and closes. I have repaired similar shunts for customers in the past,so I am keeping my fingers crossed!!
nstarmore
BXpert

Post by nstarmore »

I thought that was the case geoff, just chuck some textured hamarite on it :lol:
Nic

- 1995 Xantia SX TD (daily hack)
- 1987 BX 16V (project)