Tashmans BX GTI 8v FOR SALE

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tashman

Tashmans BX GTI 8v FOR SALE

Post by Tashman »

Unforeseen circumstances out of my control mean I have to sell my BX. I will be advertising it locally at the end of this month when I get a chance to clean her up etc.... Thought I would give everyone in the owners club this news first as I would rather it went to a good home. :cry:
BX GTI 8v 18,000 on clock
Modified honda civic coupe
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Bloomin' heck. That was quick...

Looked pretty clean when you got it...

Anything wrong with it?

How much to bring it over to the mainland, I wonder?

:-k :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Jayboy
BXpert

Post by Jayboy »

Hmmm... now if only it was white!
Tashman

Post by Tashman »

Fuel gauge is not working, small dent in wing(not bad) Few small scratches here and there(again not bad) Exhaust could still do with a little love, just blows noting big just me being fussy. Apart from that is all good to say its 20 years old. Think I have been as honest as I can.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Phil asked
How much to bring it over to the mainland
depends which 'mainland' you're talking about?

From Guernsey to St.Malo would be 6hours @ 103 GBP

From Guernsey to Portsmouth would be 13hrs @ 137 GBP

This would be quite an undertaking.

Why are you selling it Tashman? Was it too slow ( took too long to get up to the Guernsey speed limit of 30 MPH? :D ) and how much did you want for it considering its quite unusual location?
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

They're the ferry prices one way by the way. They've actually got 'Citroen BX' in their drop down quote system!
Todd

Tashman

Post by Tashman »

Well its going in the Guernsey press for £800. I have prob spent £200 on rear silencer, new bat etc
Tashman

Post by Tashman »

Oh and im selling because I have a little girl 17 months old and misses said I cant have another car so I had to choose. :x
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Tashman wrote:Well its going in the Guernsey press for £800. I have prob spent £200 on rear silencer, new bat etc
Fair enough, but that's a bit of a mark up if you want that from someone not on the island...

As you said "have just brought a gray 1988 gti with 18,000 on the clock, full serv history too for £150"...

Assume that someone 'over here' is faced with having to find £200+ to obtain it, and given you've found a good 'un for not much (and who would blame you for wanting to earn a bit on it when you got it for that price! :D ) and given £140's worth of work, I would have thought £400-500 to a UK mainland buyer is realistic?

Hope you sell it on the island. It would net you the most, I guess! 8)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Pirce is probably a little high but hey it'll be up to any potential buyer to decide if it's worth the money. Let's be honest it won't be the first cheap BX we've seen that's been advertised for a large mark up will it?
Good luck with the sale Tashman.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I couldn't agree more about the potential buyer deciding if it's worth it... I was observing that the cost of getting it to these shores might affect that decision to the detriment of the worthy seller :)

As for marking up a 'find' after doing a bit of work on it - nothing wrong with that. That's business isn't it, I guess. I assume many of us have sold cars for more than we bought them for. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't mean to come across negative here, Tashman. Best of luck mate, with the sale :D
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I was wondering what the effects of this car having never been properly driven so to speak would be? Is that like a preservative or the minute you crank it up to motorway speed the thing explodes like a pensioner who's been given MDMA ( obviously a common occurance).
Tashman, I would get shot of the Honda ( is that the car in your picture with the huge 'tail' by the way?) and keep the BX - perfect family car! :D

I don't understand why anyone bothers with internal combustion cars on Guernsey . Seems the island is perfect as regards to size and speed limits for electric vehicles.
Todd

Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Thats a lovely car, and in my opinion for £800 with that miles on its not over priced, can you imagine if it was a 16v what it would fetch! :D Good luck with the sale.
velosolex50
Confirmed BX'er

Post by velosolex50 »

C'mon, how many of us (outside the trade)have ever made a quid on a car really? I know I haven't, even discounting time etc. Perhaps I just pay too much for them. Good luck with the sale Tash, hope you can prove me wrong!
Tashman

Post by Tashman »

Thanks everyone for sharing your opinion about me selling my car. I think I got a bargain as everyone on the forum agreed. I think £800 for a car with 18000 on the clock is a bargain in anyones books, what do you get for £800 these days?(A spanking BX it seems) :lol: