fitting one touch window switch

BX Tech talk
bill o
Confirmed BX'er

fitting one touch window switch

Post by bill o »

having kept a one touch relay and switches from a previously owned tzd i have been trying to install it on my tgd hatch but the connectors are totally different. i have read of others on here having done this so wondered if anyone could help regarding connections, the tzd unit has six yellow wires,two plain,the other four are marked with red,blue ,green and purple .
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Whenever I've done this in the past, it's been a straight swap without problems, so long as you're swapping to/from the driver's side for a right-hand-drive BX, and you're swapping in the complete subunit of wiring & big black relay box that you removed from the TZ's door.

Did you keep the door loom from the TZ? If not, there lies your problem.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
bill o
Confirmed BX'er

one touch window switch

Post by bill o »

the parts i kept were the black box and the wiring connecting to the window switches+ the switches.this wir.ing terminated with a large connector with 8 wires ,two for the speaker and 6 for the windows.
the tgd has 3 seperate conectors.one for the speakers and two 3 wire connections for the windows.i did not keep any other wiring loom from the tzd.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

sounds like the car wiring is correct and the one up one down has been 'doctored'. should have seperate connectors rather than all together.