Tims BX TZD Tubo Estate "The Green Hornet"

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Tims BX TZD Tubo Estate "The Green Hornet"

Post by Tim Leech »

Picked up for £50 to save it from the crusher, asides a tatty interior (being replaced on Sunday) and flat spheres (now replaced) its not half bad, my first foray in to estate ownership and hopeing to pass it on to be used in the BXagon once its up to scratch. SheStill pulls very well for 225000 miles and the bodys rust free if a bit battle scared.

YES I know it has horrble cheap plastic wheeltrims but they are better than the rusty steel wheels it came with. :D

More pics to follow once the new seats are in and its had a proper clean.
Last edited by Tim Leech on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, (rubs hands in eager anticipation) that should do nicely...

Good work, Tim. =D>
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Had it up on the MOT ramp today, asides a small oil leak all is well and theres no rust anywhere.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

/\ Don't take this the wrong way - but there will be rust - no doubt about it. Just cos you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there and also the MOT guy is only looking for rust that'll compromise safety but I'll wager my house that there will be some. There will be rust on the inner wings. Once you clean up and poke about all the seams in the wheel arch, there will be rust, it'll even hide under the stone chip stuff they put on.

I've said it countless times Tim but for every time you claim your car is rust free and unless you've stripped and removed all the rust that will inevitably be there, then I'll reply with the fact that it won't be. I don't mean to be rude, but you (or anyone else selling a car for that matter (esp fleabay sellers!)) cannot claim a car is rust free by putting it on a ramp - even if it passes the MOT with no advisories.

No offence like.

Oh by the way, you're illegally parked!!!!! :lol:
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Theres probably no rust because the oil has leaked everywhere underneath :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

BX Bandit wrote:/\ Don't take this the wrong way - but there will be rust - no doubt about it. Just cos you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there and also the MOT guy is only looking for rust that'll compromise safety but I'll wager my house that there will be some. There will be rust on the inner wings. Once you clean up and poke about all the seams in the wheel arch, there will be rust, it'll even hide under the stone chip stuff they put on.

I've said it countless times Tim but for every time you claim your car is rust free and unless you've stripped and removed all the rust that will inevitably be there, then I'll reply with the fact that it won't be. I don't mean to be rude, but you (or anyone else selling a car for that matter (esp fleabay sellers!)) cannot claim a car is rust free by putting it on a ramp - even if it passes the MOT with no advisories.

No offence like.

Oh by the way, you're illegally parked!!!!! :lol:
Tis all true.
there is NO such thing as a rust free BX, not anymore.
It's usually well hidden, but it'll be there.
Either way, shame you dont want to shift it on really, as I know someone that would have had that.
Ho hum.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Doc, and others, it's sort of earmarked for the Philibusters to take on (I'm sure Tim won't mind me letting this out of the bag!). It's all in a good cause :wink: :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Hey, I'm not having a go, it appeared and was sold whilst I was away dealing with stuff "out there" and I wasn't on the puter. Thats life. I'm not losing sleep over it mate.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

It does indeed have a liberal coating of oil underneath, I cant see any rust, I spent a good 20 mins underneath it with a lead-lamp and a small rubber mallet, its in for its MOT in the next few weeks so we shall see.

The car is destined for Mr Chidlow as his steed for the BXagon, and I shall be spending the next month or so getting it in as fit a state as possible before he takes over the running.

And as for the parking it was the only "space" but as its my employers private carpark I doubt very much they are bothered :wink:
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Spent 5 hours machine polishing the body and getting the interior in some kind of state, it was by far and away the dirtiest BX Ive yet to own, even the valeters commented on how filthy it was. The colour of the water that came out of the vax machine was unbelieveable, the grime was so bad on the facia I had to use tar and glue as the usual upholstery cleaner wouldnt work.

It may not look much different in the pictures but the paint is now bright and smooth as silk but has its fair share of bumps and bangs as you would expect for its miles.
Last edited by Tim Leech on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

It doesn't look bad at all. I'm a big fan of Triton Green...

In the interest of saving weight, why don't you remove the rubbing strips... And put them somewhere else :lol:
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

If Phil wasnt having it off me I would be, triton green isnt bad but to be honest its not a colour you can get a nice deep lustre out off but never really looks dirty either so woudl suit some people.
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Roverman wrote:triton green isnt bad but to be honest its not a colour you can get a nice deep lustre out off but never really looks dirty either so woudl suit some people.
Nah you're right... I've never seen anything that topped this:

http://www.aronline.co.uk/images/coupe_02.jpg

The picture really doesn't do it justice... Can't beat a good bit of Woodcoat Green :)

I wouldn't normally litter someone else's image gallery with pictures... but I know how much everyone enjoys looking at pictures of BL tin
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Ahh your old mans 800 Coupe, very nice.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Failer her MOT today, 2 bulbs and a nsf ball joint (which was rather vocal), will be all done by mid week next week ready for Mr C. Not bad for 225000 miles.