M reg 16v

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Matty

M reg 16v

Post by Matty »

Hi everyone,

Well having just bought a fantastic 16v as spotted by roverman, it got me thinking about and the day I spotted a Triton Green M reg BX 16V up north somewhere! must have been a good ten years ago.

Surely this must have been the last 16v to be registered and what a rarity, wonder where it is now? and if anyone else has seen/owned such a late car?

:?:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Chances are, being that colour, it was a Hurricane TZD/GTi 8v. Citroen stopped manufacturing our RHD 16v's in 1992. The LHD 16s's continued to very early '93 and I don't think they were in that colour.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Never seen an M reg, the last 16vs were on a very late K. May have been an import or possibly mistkan H plater?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

RHD ones were made in '93, but not many. They were all cat equipped ones, which were a bit more limp wristed.
Could have been an M reg; it's possible the car wasn't registered for a couple of years, but unlikely. M reg hatches as a whole are very rare (estates slightly less so as they carried on with it while the Xantia hatch was already launched), with 16i's, 19D's and TD's being the last sold.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I'm with Kitch here, could have been one thatw asn't registered for a couple of years after production ended.

I saw a really tidy looking 4x4 estate on the M60 the other month by the way, imagine they must be rare now?
Vauxhall apologist.
Matty

Post by Matty »

it was def a M plate hatch, but it could have possibly been mistaken for a 16V at a distance and may have been a GTI Hurricane.

I'd love to get the stats from the DVLA of what was registered BX wise circa 93/94
1996 (N) 406 LX TD - The work horse!

1999 (S) Alfa Spider

1989 (F) CX 2.5 DTR TURBO 2 Safari
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

They were certainly 'cobbling' a few together back then; I once saw a TZD Break with A/C and centre cubby hole and possibly every factory extra that was available at the time and that to my recollection was an M plate. A guy I went on a course with turned up in it. Turned out it was his son's car; seems he'd gone in to the dealers to buy a new xantia but was bemoaning the lack of BX's and the salesman said that he had a special 'round the back ' as it were..........didn't know at the time how rare that was.
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper