Yellow lights

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Nope not the same guy Doc as 6 of the technicians are testers,im not so I will go with what he says.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

docchevron1472 wrote:
Roverman wrote: They arent illegal Doc, due to the age of the car the no plate legislation isnt so strict, the MOT tester says they are within tolerances and got his "book out" to make sure, as they are correctly size and correctly spaced hes happy to pass them and Ive driven by a few police cars on my travels and they havent had any problems.
hhmm, would this be the same tester that emssions tests other vehicles to get a pass for a different car?

Not sure exactley where he was looking in the MOT testers handbook, but mine is quite clear about type faces, and type face on your plates aint within what is classed as approved for road use as far as I can see..
There's also the issue of displaying an incorrect European Union member identification. Number plates on a UK registered vehicle should display a GB identifier or an EU identifier with an optional GB identification elsewhere. Nothing else. (or nothing at all of course)

And bear in mind that just because a car passes the MOT, it doesn't make it legal.
this might be a signature